Home

Would bringing back the old Vision Cone be that bad?

This is a discussion on Would bringing back the old Vision Cone be that bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 04:26 AM   #233
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: Would bringing back the old Vision Cone be that bad?

As long as I can turn it off and on, it doesnt really matter if it is added to the game.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 04-18-2010, 05:04 AM   #234
Banned

OVR: 8

I thought it was a bad idea to take it out. They shoulda made it off by default and gave us the option to turn it on. I want it back really bad!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:57 AM   #235
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Damn I wish I had a capture card for my tv right now. I just got around to watching the Gruden's QB Camp and he's up to Tebow and I want to make a clip of this and put it in this thread. They're watching and analyzing a play where Tebow's progression is taking him to the left side of the field, but at the last moment he turns and fires a rocket to the right side of the field (a la Madden) and of course the pass is broken up by a defensive back that Tebow had no idea was in the position he was.

Gruden's says "and now here....you're gonna throw blind to the back side of the formation--not even seeing what's going on over there--really--over to your right, right? And wha-what would you say to that right there?"

I'm sitting here like "well it's obvious the dude plays too much Madden and NCAA, why should QBs look at their target? just chuck that **** right?"

I'm obviously joking about that last quote (kind of) but if we see the real life counterpart of the Madden/NCAA passing mechanic NOT WORKING, I think it's time for Ian & Co. to figure out some way to appease those that want a completely sim game. There may have been millions of Florida fans sitting at home that saw the play that needed to be made, and Tebow probably had a good idea of where his man was on the right hand side....but he still chucked the ball right to a defensive back because he threw the ball before he located his target.

So why is it possible, and acceptable, to be able to throw a more accurate pass in the same exact situation in Madden? It doesn't work in real life, why should it in Madden? Isn't that the reason why they're working so hard to take the rocket catch out of the game? And why they added procedural awareness so players can no longer make plays on the ball if they're not tracking it? But QBs can wing an accurate ball to the opposite side of the field, where they weren't looking, for a gain of 12 yards.....pisses me off.

Allow me to shift my QBs vision to improve the accuracy on my throws; accuracies shouldn't be universal, the number you see should only be for when your QB is looking at his target.

Done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
As long as I can turn it off and on, it doesnt really matter if it is added to the game.
Agree. Personally I felt ti was too clunky but I dont mind if its in the game as long as it can be turned off
Old 04-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #237
Banned

OVR: 8

I was one of the people that did like the vision cone and took advantage of it. If it was to be brought back, it would need some tweaking here and there including getting rid of the large flashlight cone. There had to another way to show that a QB is looking at a receiver before throwing the ball. That's one thing I did like about vision cone. It showed that the QB is indeed looking at his receiver and not looking for .10 second before releasing the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »