Home

Pump Fake Rating

This is a discussion on Pump Fake Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you think there should be a Pump Fake Rating in Madden 10 (or future Maddens)?
Yes 47 75.81%
No 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Pump Fake Rating

Has there been any clarification from Ian or Phil if pump fakes will really have a more noticeable effect in Madden this year?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 10

Im voting no to the punp fake rating because it should be determined by the circumstances of the game, not a rating.

If the player is connecting on deep passes or he has been running mostly single moves then throws in a double move then pumpfakes that should be the factors instead of ratings.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
Has there been any clarification from Ian or Phil if pump fakes will really have a more noticeable effect in Madden this year?
The only thing I have heard from Ian confirming this at all was in one of his blogs, I think the WR/DB one, he mentioned something along the lines of route running allowing separation on double route with a bonus for a properly timed pump fake. It is something but not much for real conformation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
Im voting no to the punp fake rating because it should be determined by the circumstances of the game, not a rating.

If the player is connecting on deep passes or he has been running mostly single moves then throws in a double move then pumpfakes that should be the factors instead of ratings.
I think situation should be one of the dominant factors as well as timing, properly in line with the routes, DBs looking at the QB etc but that is only part of it. It should have a similar effect to the play action rating. The rating itself should only probably determine 15 or 20 % or the equation.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I think situation should be one of the dominant factors as well as timing, properly in line with the routes, DBs looking at the QB etc but that is only part of it. It should have a similar effect to the play action rating. The rating itself should only probably determine 15 or 20 % or the equation.
I agree with you. Because not all QB's sell their pump fake very well.
Therefor, there will be times where for that very reason, a defender won't bite on the fake.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 18

Any word if they are making the pump fake like NCAA was last year using the right stick?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Any word if they are making the pump fake like NCAA was last year using the right stick?
No word yet. I hope they do but at the same time I doubt they do.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #40
All Star

OVR: 33

NCAA pump fake was great. But it came at an expense of such a useful button: the right analog stick, which I believe can be used for far greater things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »