Home

Old 04-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Well, I got a few of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Maybe I didn't explain this well enought but if you read the blog it was meant to show that we can branch ANY sideline catch INTO a sideline catch...you'll notice that along with the steering (which IMO is not a band-aid, it is 100% accurate as to what a real WR will do) he chops his feet in the animation on the right, whereas he didn't in the one on the left.

We most definitely have new and more specific (and typically cooler) catch animations that are specific for when catching near the sideline, but this blog was written to talk about the cases where one of those catches don't match (i.e. the angle from the ball is strange or the players positioning is weird or what have you)...this change saves you from not having that frustrating moment.

Hope that explains everything.
You're kind of like God... Of Madden Football.
Always have an answer!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #42
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Maybe I didn't explain this well enought but if you read the blog it was meant to show that we can branch ANY sideline catch INTO a sideline catch...you'll notice that along with the steering (which IMO is not a band-aid, it is 100% accurate as to what a real WR will do) he chops his feet in the animation on the right, whereas he didn't in the one on the left.

We most definitely have new and more specific (and typically cooler) catch animations that are specific for when catching near the sideline, but this blog was written to talk about the cases where one of those catches don't match (i.e. the angle from the ball is strange or the players positioning is weird or what have you)...this change saves you from not having that frustrating moment.

I had a feeling you had a good response to that up your sleeve.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 38

Ian for God

Ian for God

cmon everybody the water is really warm
Old 04-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #44
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Ian can you please note that that link in the 1st post is to a new blog? I assumed it was to the fake blog and didn't realize there was a new blog until guys started commenting on it on the 2nd page.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #45
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

I might be mistaken, but in the vid were those new cleat models? White with black accents(Possibility of subsituting team/secondary colors now?)

Last edited by AC IS ART; 04-01-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #46
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC IS ART
I might be mistaken, but in the vid were those new cleat models? White with black accents(Possibility of subsituting team/secondary cleats now?)
What vid?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 35

Alright..... guess we'll never know.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Ian for God

Ian for God

cmon everybody the water is really warm
Ian still has time for us "little people"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »