Home

Old 04-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Well, I got a few of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
you tricky son of a gun; at first glance I thought it was real but when I took a deeper/longer look at the photo I know it was fake. I just look ugly.
[email protected]I just look ugly.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 39

Yes you do look ugly.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #59
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
[email protected]I just look ugly.
I agree. lol

Old 04-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
As most of you already picked up on, it was a joke. I can't believe how many folks we got though!

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...real-info.aspx

Fun fact - I actually had FIVE different managers come up to me today and ask "how the hell are we going to get this done in Alpha?!?"...so it wasn't just you all that fell for it.

Happy April Fools Day all.
Not cool Ian, I always liked the vision cone, and wished it would come back; it's not nice to play with people's emotions.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #61
Rookie

burne's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I don't think route running factors in here. How well a guy comes in and out of his breaks doesn't necessarily apply to how aware he is at the sideline - this is purely awareness and agility for now...hmmm...maybe a "sideline awareness" rating is needed for the future?
If it doesn't already, I think that Catch should definitely factor into the receiver's ability to stay inbounds on sideline catches. The way I see it, receivers with great hands have more mental faculty left over to think about the sideline and their feet, whereas receivers with poor hands are only thinking about the ball and their hands.

Also, consider the spectacular catch rating. Especially when it comes to falling sideline catches (assuming that Madden 10 will finally actually have some, unlike all Maddens past). All but the most boring sideline catches tend to be spectacular, no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Maybe I didn't explain this well enought but if you read the blog it was meant to show that we can branch ANY sideline catch INTO a sideline catch...you'll notice that along with the steering (which IMO is not a band-aid, it is 100% accurate as to what a real WR will do) he chops his feet in the animation on the right, whereas he didn't in the one on the left.

We most definitely have new and more specific (and typically cooler) catch animations that are specific for when catching near the sideline, but this blog was written to talk about the cases where one of those catches don't match (i.e. the angle from the ball is strange or the players positioning is weird or what have you)...this change saves you from not having that frustrating moment.

Hope that explains everything.
Thanks for responding. I beleive that is the first time you wrote back to something I said. I don't see the foot chop that you are describing still. All I see is the same animation being played out but steered to be more in bounds.

I'd have to compare what you showed to some real NFL footage to see if players really steer themselves like that or not. I can't envision it at the moment, so I remain skeptical.

Regardless, I really appricate your explanation of it and the clarification that there are more sideline specific animations that you didn't show. I was just going to be disappointed if we didn't have something further to go with this.

Even if I didn't argee with steering the animation, I'd rather have that than my idiot WR going out of bounds like they do now.

Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #63
Rookie

shad_moss93's Arena

OVR: 8

IT, it. I left the t off be mistake.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #64
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Thanks for responding. I beleive that is the first time you wrote back to something I said. I don't see the foot chop that you are describing still. All I see is the same animation being played out but steered to be more in bounds.

I'd have to compare what you showed to some real NFL footage to see if players really steer themselves like that or not. I can't envision it at the moment, so I remain skeptical.

Regardless, I really appricate your explanation of it and the clarification that there are more sideline specific animations that you didn't show. I was just going to be disappointed if we didn't have something further to go with this.

Even if I didn't argee with steering the animation, I'd rather have that than my idiot WR going out of bounds like they do now.

Thanks again.
I'll only slightly agree with you here since it isnt really a toe tap more so just a slightly toe tapping the ground.

In the nfl its more of a couple steps of toe tapping rather than the just one toe tap shown here in the video. THAT IS ONLY if they intend on going out of bounds and not turning up is it a couple step toe tap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »