Home

Old 04-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: New Blog!!!! This one is Real!!

If only you guys cared to read a little more.
Ian said this.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039372146
Old 04-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 19

There are sideline catch animations, they were put in last year.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Wat?!?! Having a limited number of sideline catch animations rather than allowing any catch animation in the game blend into a sideline catch is the "half-assed" way everyone's been doing it for years. This article is another example of why this team is so much better than the previous one.
In the video he shows, I don't see any catch animation blending onto a sideline catch animation. I see the exact same animation from 09 being turned so that the WR is more upfield, thus preventing his foot from landing out of bounds.

If you played the Madden 10 animation without the steering, the WR would follow the same path as the 09 guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
There are sideline catch animations, they were put in last year.
Well, I've played 2 seasons worth of games and some exibition games and the only sideline catch animation I saw was when my WR would run out of bounds, like Ian showed in his photos.

I've never seen the WR do anything that indicated he knew where the sidelines were or made any effort to catch the ball and stay inbounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Very nice.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
In the video he shows, I don't see any catch animation blending onto a sideline catch animation. I see the exact same animation from 09 being turned so that the WR is more upfield, thus preventing his foot from landing out of bounds.

If you played the Madden 10 animation without the steering, the WR would follow the same path as the 09 guy.
You need to watch the video again...especially the pause at 0:14

The part about blending into a sideline catch animation is more so delivered by the layered blending stuff they showed earlier through the receivers legs.

Again really look at the receivers right foot at the 0:14 pause in the clip and tell me the receivers foot wouldn't be inbounds without steering.

Quote:
Well, I've played 2 seasons worth of games and some exibition games and the only sideline catch animation I saw was when my WR would run out of bounds, like Ian showed in his photos.

I've never seen the WR do anything that indicated he knew where the sidelines were or made any effort to catch the ball and stay inbounds.
It doesn't happen often enough, especially with receivers that are elite or have a high awareness in '09, but there are sideline catch animations.

Only problem it's not so much a toe drag, but a little hop to keep the feet inbounds and catch the ball which also leads him to falling afterwards. Nonetheless it is there.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #14
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Completely incorrect. The animation that is shown is the exact same animation up to the point where the reciever takes his last step. In the new one, he shortens up his step so that his foot stays in. You are not looking close enough.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 04-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Looks like a nice improvement to me.

And believe me...my passing game needs all the help it can get.

I've really never been very comfortable throwing too many out patterns. Maybe this will encourage me to add more variety in my hapless passing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

I am with you Vikes1, my passing game has never been that great. I play with the Ravens and I run the ball and play great defense. Here is to hoping both of those areas are much improved for Madden 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »