Home

Old 04-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: New Blog!!!! This one is Real!!

This is cool. I didn't have much of an issue with out-of-bounds/sideline catching, but what I did have a problem with was the player making the catch and then running out of bounds rather than gaining his balance and turning up field. It was something was all but eliminated in Madden 08, but reared its ugly head again in 09 and it was frustrating.

I'm not saying they should gain their balance easily, but animations shouldn't be carrying me out of bounds when I'm far enough away to gain my balance and turn upfield.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-02-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
This is cool. I didn't have much of an issue with out-of-bounds catching, but what I did have a problem with was the player making the catch and then running out of bounds rather than gaining his balance and turning up field. It was something was all but eliminated in Madden 08, but reared its ugly head again in 09 and it was frustrating.

I'm not saying they should gain their balance easily, but animations shouldn't be carrying me out of bounds when I'm far enough away to gain my balance and turn upfield.
are you still playing madden after their patches? My friend told me that it wasnt that bad after the patches. Idk honestly cause I havent played for months but....
Old 04-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
are you still playing madden after their patches? My friend told me that it wasnt that bad after the patches. Idk honestly cause I havent played for months but....
I believe you're referring to the CPU glitch issue. I'm talking about the user issue where the actual animation carries you out. It's basically an animation issue. Like, I can't stop the animation, gain balance and keep running, the momentum near there is a bit too strong.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I believe you're referring to the CPU glitch issue. I'm talking about the user issue where the actual animation carries you out. It's basically an animation issue. Like, I can't stop the animation, gain balance and keep running, the momentum near there is a bit too strong.
I understand exactly what you mean now. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 29

Everything I have seen on Sunday -

(Check out 1:47)
Old 04-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 20

One of the big problems I see is madden has one animation for an actual sideline catch as opposed to probably 10 or so from APF. Also, madden's is very rare even after the update. I see it attempted maybe one out of 40 sideline throws.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 28

In madden, when you have a receiver run an out pattern, he isn't aware of the sideline and he simply runs his pattern out of bounds. In APF, the receiver will adjust his body to attempt to catch the ball and stay in bounds, just like a real WR would. The receiver should be aware of the sideline and adjust accordingly trying his best to make the catch and keep his feet in. The better the receiver's awareness and ability, the more likely he keeps his feet in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank god they fixed this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »