Home

Madden 2010 - Advanced celebrations?

This is a discussion on Madden 2010 - Advanced celebrations? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Madden 2010 - Advanced celebrations?

Okay, I'll admit it. A lot of my joy playing Fifa comes from the celebrations after my goals. Always thought it would be fluff, but now I find myself spending time watching Fifaskills vids learning as many celebrations as I can. Now I know there were clipping issues with Madden09 and the walls etc. so you had to give us little boxes. I figured I'd bring this up because you guys had borrowed so much from Fifa that I was wondering if there were improvements to the ability to have more freely expressive celebrations in Madden10. That's something that I really loved in NFL2k5 as well. Any love with this?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Ian or Michael: Celebrations....

+1

FIFA's celebration system was robust, fluid and overall fantastic.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 38

Sorry no more Ian or michael or phil threads its not me its the mods
Old 04-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

-1 for thread title.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Sorry, hadn't read that about the "hey Ian" stuff. Feel free to change the title. But could it be something like "will there be more advanced celebrations in Madden10?" Thanks, it wont happen again.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Madden 2010 - Advanced celebrations?

FIFA has a pretty robust system but it doesn't have the cut scenes that UEFA Euro Cup 08 does.

If Madden found a way to make the celebration system more robust and add some solid cut scenes, I'd be all for it.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
FIFA has a pretty robust system but it doesn't have the cut scenes that UEFA Euro Cup 08 does.

If Madden found a way to make the celebration system more robust and add some solid cut scenes, I'd be all for it.
This speaks exactly to the point I've been making about how we need to have the camera's better pickup the scoring player.

The scene has got to be big just like we see it on TV, and it's got to spotlight the scoring player. TD's felt so "whatever" in 09 because it lacked this very thing.

The bottom line is this, and this is what the Madden Team has got to embrace long-term... we're in an age where the technology has reached a point where real life actions and real life presentation can be imitated in an incredibly realistic way. Look at MLB The Show. Gamers realize this, and when they watch the games in real life and then pop in Madden, we expect Madden to be very close to what we watched on TV. Since 2K5, it's no longer an unreasonable request. This is the standard and anything less is a fail, especially after all of these years have passed.

When a TD is scored on TV, the camera's don't disconnect you from the action like Madden does when you score. So when we see this and the celebrations not being seamless, or forcing you to run to hotspots, it's an instant disconnection from the very reasonable expectation we have.

I can't understand nor do I care to understand the folks who say things like "it's not supposed to be like real life, it's a video game!" Well, tell that to the guys who just made MLB The Show 09 and the people who are enjoying it. That argument is now dead and buried.

There has been over the years too much trying to reinvent the wheel going on in Madden, when the formula for what the game needs experience-wise has already been laid out since the PS1 days and in other franchises since. We don't need "new", we need RIGHT... and right means doing it like we see it on TV, like all the other sports franchises are intelligently doing right now, including ones carrying the EA label.

It appears they are going in that direction now. I'm hoping it stays this way, and we never go back to the total blunders we've gotten so far this generation. I mean, the Madden's of this generation have seemed more like a wacky experiment than a finished product.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-01-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus

Def, they need cut scenes, more team celebrations, Shots of fans, shots of players who didnt score the TD, shots of a coach. They can do so much and i hope they do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »