Home

In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"?

This is a discussion on In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
please get out more
Shadi thinks that was uncalled for.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #10
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Why would you chime in here if you have no interest... do you make it a point to go to every thread that is started and say you don't want this?

How bout a league game between two highly ranked players that the rest of the league wants to see... maybe the League superbowl... tons of reasons why someone would want to sit in and watch two other people play... Thanks for your input though!
Because its been on my mind for a while cause I heard a few people talk about it. Just my 2 cents man, not every response is going to be positive. And I posted my other post before I read yours, I agree maybe if its a league game. But not a random one.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Because its been on my mind for a while cause I heard a few people talk about it. Just my 2 cents man, not every response is going to be positive. And I posted my other post before I read yours, I agree maybe if its a league game. But not a random one.
Fair enough I suppose.... I'm pretty sure that this would be in high demand for the on-line players... for viewing on-line tournaments live..things like that. Obviously you'd have hte option to not allow spectators, or PW protect the game so only people with the PW can watch...etc..etc...

Really I'm just wondering if this has been explored at all and what conclusion was reached... is it even doable? And by doable I mean in a way that does not create lag for the two people that are actually playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #12
Banned

I never understood why people would want "options" NOT to be in a game. Just puzzling to me. Especially if effects them in NO WAY AT ALL. I DO understand why people wouldn't want this particular option in the game. Because now it's not one person's word against another. If two people play and one of them is a major cheating cheeseball he probably wouldn't want to be exposed.

It would be even better if you could do search for a particular user name and watch their game. Now thats something I would LOVE to see happen.

One reason why you haven't seen this option on many games is the fact that this feature is built into the 360 whereas it's not on the PS3. And as we all know these sport game developers do not like to take advantage of a console's unique abilities.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 55

This option would be AWESOME! League playoffs? League championships?! I'd LOVE to spectate games. We could have big-time matches with the top ballers being spectated on by all of us... it'd be sweet!

I'd probably just keep a game on spectate while I do homework. It'd be more interesting than TV.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I never understood why people would want "options" NOT to be in a game. Just puzzling to me. Especially if effects them in NO WAY AT ALL. I DO understand why people wouldn't want this particular option in the game. Because now it's not one person's word against another. If two people play and one of them is a major cheating cheeseball he probably wouldn't want to be exposed.

It would be even better if you could do search for a particular user name and watch their game. Now thats something I would LOVE to see happen.

One reason why you haven't seen this option on many games is the fact that this feature is built into the 360 whereas it's not on the PS3. And as we all know these sport game developers do not like to take advantage of a console's unique abilities.
Another way to do it, that would work ok for me personally, is to provide the ability to download the entire game you just played to a server or to your local HD.

What do you mean though, that this is only a feature built into the 360?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
What?! You mean we could have this option included in more 360 games right now, and the devs just don't want to discriminate? What a waste.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
LOL why would I want to watch other players play especially if their cheesers?

Some people may want it, but personally I wouldn't. Just my own opinion.
If Ea made the game more of a thinking's man's game, then you would want the opportunity to watch some of the best go at it. You might learn something you didn't already know. That's the way I see it.

BTW, I've always wanted to have this feature. I remember looking at my friends scores, and thinking It would be cool if I could watch their games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »