Home

In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"?

This is a discussion on In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #17
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I never understood why people would want "options" NOT to be in a game. Just puzzling to me. Especially if effects them in NO WAY AT ALL. I DO understand why people wouldn't want this particular option in the game. Because now it's not one person's word against another. If two people play and one of them is a major cheating cheeseball he probably wouldn't want to be exposed.

It would be even better if you could do search for a particular user name and watch their game. Now thats something I would LOVE to see happen.

One reason why you haven't seen this option on many games is the fact that this feature is built into the 360 whereas it's not on the PS3. And as we all know these sport game developers do not like to take advantage of a console's unique abilities.
I thought that PS Home would support such a feature. Can't you watch movies together across the internet? Don't know I'm 360...

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

I had written about this very feature. It would be really cool especially in an online franchise mode. As the season progresses into playoffs and teams get eliminated, your buds could watch the playoffs through Spectaor Mode. It probably wouldn't be so cool for random games. But as a private thing with password access, you'd build an even better league. And maybe EA could have an access to some big tourney games and the Madden Bowl.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I had written about this very feature. It would be really cool especially in an online franchise mode. As the season progresses into playoffs and teams get eliminated, your buds could watch the playoffs through Spectaor Mode. It probably wouldn't be so cool for random games. But as a private thing with password access, you'd build an even better league. And maybe EA could have an access to some big tourney games and the Madden Bowl.
Yes, this is pretty much what I had in mind.

You can fire up your franchise and see that the wild card game between two of your league members is being played and you could have an option to just go watch it on the spot.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #20
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Yes, this is pretty much what I had in mind.

You can fire up your franchise and see that the wild card game between two of your league members is being played and you could have an option to just go watch it on the spot.
That would major-league cool. And have mike support where you could talk smack while they were playing. That would be some really cool interaction.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Another way to do it, that would work ok for me personally, is to provide the ability to download the entire game you just played to a server or to your local HD.

What do you mean though, that this is only a feature built into the 360
?
I remember reading before the 360 even hit the shelves that this was a feature built into the 360. How you can watch any game at any time. It was highly touted but as we all know it's pretty much been neglected by many developers. I also recall reading that this wasn't something that the PS3 had built in. It could be done, from what I understand , but not as seamlessly as the 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
What?! You mean we could have this option included in more 360 games right now, and the devs just don't want to discriminate? What a waste.
Pretty much. I've been posting about this for years and years and we see the results of that.
Quote:
Don't password it. Let anyone watch any game. Doesn't matter who, what or when.

My take on this also would be you can look at the game from different sections of the stadium if you wish. Hell , even from a particular seat. Also the option of a televised look or the conventional up top look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 41

Well for someone who runs leagues I will say this has been a question for years now. As a commissioner of leagues you get complaints of peoples game play and not going by the rules set forth for the league. I know some of you don't like rules but if you sign up knowing it than you need to abide by them. This would allow a commissioner or co admin to watch a match to see if it is played SIM and by the rules.

The other reason is you could watch the Superbowl of your league!!!!

You could also watch others and learn from them or scout them like the Real NFL does.

I think this is a feature that should be in and it should not cause any more lag at all considering you can spectate in just about any shooting game with many people in the game. Shooters there environment is much bigger than a football field so I don't think it should be a problem.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
That would major-league cool. And have mike support where you could talk smack while they were playing. That would be some really cool interaction.
All voices should be, in my opinion, relative to where you sit and the sport. So say Fight Night you should be able to hear all the heckles pretty clear from the people in spectator mode (with the option of muting those not on your friendslist) but a game like madden the voices should be faint (not realistic faint because you wouldn't hear them at all).
Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Don't password it. Let anyone watch any game. Doesn't matter who, what or when.
I don't agree with this. You have the right to privacy just like anyone else.... maybe you're labbing some new plays with a friend, you certainly don't want your next weeks opponent to take a peak or whatever. Password should most definitely be an option.

Quote:
My take on this also would be you can look at the game from different sections of the stadium if you wish. Hell , even from a particular seat. Also the option of a televised look or the conventional up top look.
Great idea! Watching the action from whatever cam you want should definitely be an option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »