Home

In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"?

This is a discussion on In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2009, 03:42 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: In what Madden can we expect to see "Spectator Mode"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
right, unless spectators can cause more lag, or there are ways to cause games to crash or become unplayable by doing certain things (uploading a million things and slowing down your internet connection or something) THen you could have situations where people join games of specific people to screw their games up.
Naw it wouldn't have to affect the game at all. The players would notice absolutely no lag from the spectators. There's technology that's been around probably longer than some of you have been alive . Like UDP messages or simple broadcasting. These protocols send packets but do not look for acknowledgment of receipt. What this means is that the game may look jumpy a times because we're not "synced" up with the players, for lack of a better term.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 18

I think this is a great idea also. It would be amazing to be able to watch other games in your online league as they are being played as well.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #35
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

This has been my #1 most wanted feature in a football game for years. I remember 2k developers on 2k forums back when APF2K8 was in development stating they wanted to put that feature in but it was very difficult for a football game.

I'd go pre-order Madden right now if Ian said this was the big online feature that they havent revealed yet. All my gaming is done online so this would appeal to me greatly, especially with online leagues and tournaments.

A lot more people would be less likely to cheese knowing there are other people possibly watching their games too.

Many other 360 games have this feature, PGR, Forza, Table tennis, and a few more I can't remember right now. I think PS3's Grand Turismo is going to have it as well. Forza, I believe, can allow up to 200,000+ viewers during a match with no lag, so it should be possilbe on Madden.

Good thread !!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #36
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgc201
This has been my #1 most wanted feature in a football game for years. I remember 2k developers on 2k forums back when APF2K8 was in development stating they wanted to put that feature in but it was very difficult for a football game.

I'd go pre-order Madden right now if Ian said this was the big online feature that they havent revealed yet. All my gaming is done online so this would appeal to me greatly, especially with online leagues and tournaments.

A lot more people would be less likely to cheese knowing there are other people possibly watching their games too.

Many other 360 games have this feature, PGR, Forza, Table tennis, and a few more I can't remember right now. I think PS3's Grand Turismo is going to have it as well. Forza, I believe, can allow up to 200,000+ viewers during a match with no lag, so it should be possilbe on Madden.

Good thread !!
I used to watch a bunch of races on PGR3 and have wanted this feature in games ever since. That would create such a sense of community. The only other feature that would be cooler from an online standpoint would be 11v11 Madden. Having played both 5v5 on NBA2k and 10v10 on Fifa, the interaction is great. Don't really care for 1v1 unless it's a friend...

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 8

I have to say I never understand anyone's request for this feature. It just makes no sense to me what-so-ever. The idea of sitting on my couch watching two people play a game of Madden, that I've likely never even met in person, for about an hour is insane.

I can think of 100 things off the top of my head that I would rather do than watch someone else play Madden.

EA, please work on anything else that would make the game better before spending anytime on this feature. There are a ton of things that could improve Madden before spending 5 minutes thinking about this.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
I have to say I never understand anyone's request for this feature. It just makes no sense to me what-so-ever. The idea of sitting on my couch watching two people play a game of Madden, that I've likely never even met in person, for about an hour is insane.

I can think of 100 things off the top of my head that I would rather do than watch someone else play Madden.

EA, please work on anything else that would make the game better before spending anytime on this feature. There are a ton of things that could improve Madden before spending 5 minutes thinking about this.
i disagree... it would be a great feature. say im in the playoffs in my league i can watch my next round opponent play and scout his tendancies for when i play him....
Old 04-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #39
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
I have to say I never understand anyone's request for this feature. It just makes no sense to me what-so-ever.
Many reasons are listed previously in this thread, all very valid IMO. Tournaments, exposing cheaters, scouting, etc.

Another reason someone might want to watch someone else playing a Madden match is to get gameplay tips. Lets say you're having problems running the ball, defending the pass, completing passes, etc., you could watch someone play who is good at the game to help improve your own game.

I'm just a huge football nut. I know I'd watch some Madden matches via spectator mode often.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I used to watch a bunch of races on PGR3 and have wanted this feature in games ever since. That would create such a sense of community. The only other feature that would be cooler from an online standpoint would be 11v11 Madden. Having played both 5v5 on NBA2k and 10v10 on Fifa, the interaction is great. Don't really care for 1v1 unless it's a friend...

I was thinking the same thing!

The only problem I see with 11v11 would be people quad teaming on D-Line or cheesing it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »