Home

Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

This is a discussion on Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ?? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
so you're saying you like the way it looks when a QB whips around and throws a strike to a guy that he couldn't have possibly seen?
What I am saying was that both versions are stupid but I choose the one we have now over cone. It is just as stupid that the cone is about starign recivers down when you really play QB by reading the defense and making a choice based on the coverage. you move safties with your eyes, not stare down recivers like Rex Grossman. That and a glowing yellow cone looks stupid too.

I think that there needs to be a fix in the animation/accuracy part of the game to fix the spin and throw problems. You should throw a wild pass if you were running backwards and made an insta-spin throw. also all this off the back foot garbage needs to be teeeked. The animations are bad adn the passes are too accurate. Fix those first, then talk about the cone.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Agreed, stupidest addition to this franchise, and im not saying that because it was hard, more so just because it was stupid, maybe if we had superb line play it would be possible to get a pass off and look at 3 recievers in a play, but not in the previous maddens.
You didn't need forever to get the pass off, you just had to make the right reads. I had no problem with the cone and I don't see what was so stupid about it.

You say that's it's stupid not because it was hard, but because you couldn't make your reads in time? That sounds like it was too hard. It was not impossible to master and I had a ton of success with the Ravens, hardly a QB factory.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or question your abilities, I'm just looking for clarification.

Last edited by monkeybutlerz; 04-01-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
so you're saying you like the way it looks when a QB whips around and throws a strike to a guy that he couldn't have possibly seen?
Exactly, I was thinking the same.

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
What I am saying was that both versions are stupid but I choose the one we have now over cone. It is just as stupid that the cone is about starign recivers down when you really play QB by reading the defense and making a choice based on the coverage. you move safties with your eyes, not stare down recivers like Rex Grossman. That and a glowing yellow cone looks stupid too.

I think that there needs to be a fix in the animation/accuracy part of the game to fix the spin and throw problems. You should throw a wild pass if you were running backwards and made an insta-spin throw. also all this off the back foot garbage needs to be teeeked. The animations are bad adn the passes are too accurate. Fix those first, then talk about the cone.
The QBs being too accurate has being sort of already addressed by Ian, hence we're talking about the cone. I'm not sure if those things will be adjusted to a level we're satisfied with and I agree that the spin throws and back foot throws are nonsense, but I don't see the harm in adding the cone IF you don't force it onto everyone.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGt7I...eature=channel

PLEASE pause that video at 50 seconds....look closely at where the QB is looking and then look at where the ball goes...and justify it....anyone.
Simple answer for you my man. Pause the video at 47, 48, and 49sec and tell me where he is looking? He turns and looks right at the guy. at 50 he jerks over. I am not bothered by a single frame animation twitch so much. I am bothered, like you are, about when you run facing AWAY from the LOS and press X and your QB spins around and throws a perfect pass becasue your QB has a high scramble ratting and I fear in M10 his high scramble/throwing distance accuracy ratting will allow this to continue.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGt7I...eature=channel

PLEASE pause that video at 50 seconds....look closely at where the QB is looking and then look at where the ball goes...and justify it....anyone.
Its poop.....poop...on ice.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
The QBs being too accurate has being sort of already addressed by Ian, hence we're talking about the cone. I'm not sure if those things will be adjusted to a level we're satisfied with and I agree that the spin throws and back foot throws are nonsense, but I don't see the harm in adding the cone IF you don't force it onto everyone.
And on this point I agree with you 100% I was more or less responding to the Jets fan. I agree why he is mad, but I am ask that he settles down for a moment and thinks this through. I belive nuckles is attacking this from the wrong angle and is asking for he wrong solution.

Last edited by PGaither84; 04-01-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #16
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
You didn't need forever to get the pass off, you just had to make the right reads. I had no problem with the cone and I don't see what was so stupid about it.

You say that's it's stupid not because it was hard, but because you couldn't make your reads in time? That sounds like it was too hard. It was not impossible to master and I had a ton of success with the Ravens, hardly a QB factory.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or question your abilities, I'm just looking for clarification.
Im saying you were usually sacked if especially if you were trying to go for a 15+ yard pass.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »