Home

Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

This is a discussion on Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Simple answer for you my man. Pause the video at 47, 48, and 49sec and tell me where he is looking? He turns and looks right at the guy. at 50 he jerks over. I am not bothered by a single frame animation twitch so much. I am bothered, like you are, about when you run facing AWAY from the LOS and press X and your QB spins around and throws a perfect pass becasue your QB has a high scramble ratting and I fear in M10 his high scramble/throwing distance accuracy ratting will allow this to continue.
Bro no matter how you slice it at 50 secs the dude's head is in the opposite direction of where he's throwing. QBs in real life don't look at a receiver then look away when they're about to throw it. Let's be real now.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #18
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

Also is that not what procedual awareness is for, for looking at the reciever when it is thrown to avoid these issues of not even looking at the reciever and throwing to them?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #19
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Also is that not what procedual awareness is for, for looking at the reciever when it is thrown to avoid these issues of not even looking at the reciever and throwing to them?
all in one motion or will it be locate then throw?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGt7I...eature=channel

PLEASE pause that video at 50 seconds....look closely at where the QB is looking and then look at where the ball goes...and justify it....anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexisfree
Like why don't he just come down and face the ball and get the interception? [...] Now I'm controllin' the man. I press the "Catch" button. I go for the agressive catch. An' they give me this spin animiation its like i'm watchin this an' becsue of this spin animation in, it forces me to go outta' bounds which is another cleaver part. So instead of me retuning it for a you know, you know, gettin' a pick six, nah I go outa bounds becasue they choose to make me to go for the DREADED SPIN CATCH
By the way, to Apex and those who agree with his complaint: Apex COULD have hit strafe [LT/L2] and faced the ball and made the interception. he could have taken a better angle on the ball than he did. he could have chosen not to go for the agressive cathch but the possetion catch.

Apex likes to MASH buttons and throw bullet passes and so forth when it is uncalled for or incorrect to do so adn then blames Madden. he goes on a tiraid about EA and the computer takign control of his player to screw him up, when the player did what he was told to o in the video, which is to agressively go for the ball before it goes out of bounds. I agree the animation is a little bad, but that's what you get for trying to be TOO agressive on your controller instead of having some touch and playing smoothly.

This stuff drives me crazy. Madden has problems, but I hate it when peole bash madden for things that are THIER fault, then refute evidence that proves them wrong.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #21
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
all in one motion or will it be locate then throw?
Sounds like a question for Ian not me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #22
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
Correct me if I'm wrong, but procedural awareness basically forces a player to locate the ball before making a play on it. Receivers, TEs, DBs all have to locate the ball before catching it or attempting to make a play on it, But what about the QB?

Will the QB has to look at a WR before he throws it ? If so, how will the user tell where the QB is looking. It will be impossible to scan the field and at the same time look down at the QB's helmet to discern which receiver his looking at.

Will a passing icon under receivers be enlarged or highlighted when the QB is looking at them ?

I don't see how you can require WRs, TEs, DBs, and LBs to locate the ball before making a play on it, but let the QB throw to people he's not looking at.

I don't get it.
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I don't get what you don't get.

Your basically asking if QB has to look at a WR before he throws it. And the answer is obviously yes, but why does that necessarily have to require a passing cone? Don't we have eyes? Why do we have to look at the WR with our own eyes and then push some buttons so the game knows we are indeed using our eyes before actually pushing the pass button? It seems redundant and bulky.

To rectify the issue of non-Sim guys throwing to illogical receivers (i.e. WRs who are on the opposite side of the QB), Madden should just heavily penalize the accuracy/completion rate. That way we won't need a bulky vision cone to do what our natural eyes already do.

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 04-01-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #23
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Bro no matter how you slice it at 50 secs the dude's head is in the opposite direction of where he's throwing. QBs in real life don't look at a receiver then look away when they're about to throw it. Let's be real now.
I agree with you at 50 sec it is WRONG, but he goes through the ENTIRE animation of LOOKING at his reciver and has a one frame glitch back. The computer doesn't do a no look pass, he turns and looks right at him. LETS BE REAL. Is tihs a problem? yes, is this a big deal at all? no. if he did the entire play like that then I would be mad, but he turns his body and head and stares the reciver down goes through his motion and then as he finishes his release he does a twitch. such a minor detail I am honestly shocked that bothers you... again it ISN'T A NO lOOK PASS.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
Correct me if I'm wrong, but procedural awareness basically forces a player to locate the ball before making a play on it. Receivers, TEs, DBs all have to locate the ball before catching it or attempting to make a play on it, But what about the QB?

Will the QB have to look at a WR before he throws it ? If so, how will the user tell where the QB is looking. It will be impossible to scan the field and at the same time look down at the QB's helmet to discern which receiver his looking at.

Will a passing icon under receivers be enlarged or highlighted when the QB is looking at them ?

I don't see how you can require WRs, TEs, DBs, and LBs to locate the ball before making a play on it, but let the QB throw to people he's not looking at.

I don't get it.
I sure hope it affects the defenses reaction time
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »