Home

Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

This is a discussion on Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ?? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #25
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Sounds like a question for Ian not me.
not really...two animations means two button presses. If a receiver is out of your QBs line of vision and you press one button to turn and fire simultaneously then we're back at square one. Maybe if you had to press the button first to look at that receiver (with no cone on the field) and then press the button again to pass that would solve the situation.

But like I said in another thread, if Kurt can turn and pass to receiver X, just from pressing the X button once... then we have a problem because Kurt can not see him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #26
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

Id like it so that immediately when I push the button, he turns his head and there is only a half second delay (if that) before releasing the ball.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #27
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Id like it so that immediately when I push the button, he turns his head and there is only a half second delay (if that) before releasing the ball.
What if you want to turn and stare down X so the safety bites up and get the pass over the top to the left side of the endzone for A?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #28
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

better yet what if you want to look at X, pump fake towards him, get the safety to bite up and then hit a wide open A?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #29
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
not really...two animations means two button presses. If a receiver is out of your QBs line of vision and you press one button to turn and fire simultaneously then we're back at square one. Maybe if you had to press the button first to look at that receiver (with no cone on the field) and then press the button again to pass that would solve the situation.

But like I said in another thread, if Kurt can turn and pass to receiver X, just from pressing the X button once... then we have a problem because Kurt can not see him.
However, being a SMART QB Kurt knows what routes his recivers are running on the play and should know based on the coverage that a curl route near the sideline should be open under a cover 3 zone like this and can ANTICIPATE he reciver's precesence.

This is what is tricky in Madden. the good QBs in real life know thier reciver's route, know what D is being run adn know where they wantot go with the ball. These smart QBs throw to a spot on the field, not AT the reciver. QBs that throw AT a reciver adn stare a reciver down like a Narow Vision cone are the bad QBs liek Rex Grossman and Alex Smith. Thse QBs are easy to read, throw passes where the reciver was and not where he is going and have poor mechanics.

Kurt Warner is a good QB and knows that when blitz is comming who his hot reciver is and where to get him the ball. the hot reciver also knows that he is supposedto look for the HOT pass in case of a blitz.

It is really hard fora Video game to accurately depict a smart reciver and a smart QB on the same system as a bad QB and a bad eciver. If a reciver chooses the wrong route on an option route or makes a dumb play people say Madden is broken and stupid, but then we complain that every player is good and never makes mistakes and so forth.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #30
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
However, being a SMART QB Kurt knows what routes his recivers are running on the play and should know based on the coverage that a curl route near the sideline should be open under a cover 3 zone like this and can ANTICIPATE he reciver's precesence.

This is what is tricky in Madden. the good QBs in real life know thier reciver's route, know what D is being run adn know where they wantot go with the ball. These smart QBs throw to a spot on the field, not AT the reciver. QBs that throw AT a reciver adn stare a reciver down like a Narow Vision cone are the bad QBs liek Rex Grossman and Alex Smith. Thse QBs are easy to read, throw passes where the reciver was and not where he is going and have poor mechanics.

Kurt Warner is a good QB and knows that when blitz is comming who his hot reciver is and where to get him the ball. the hot reciver also knows that he is supposedto look for the HOT pass in case of a blitz.

It is really hard fora Video game to accurately depict a smart reciver and a smart QB on the same system as a bad QB and a bad eciver. If a reciver chooses the wrong route on an option route or makes a dumb play people say Madden is broken and stupid, but then we complain that every player is good and never makes mistakes and so forth.
I get everything you're saying but please stop generalizing with this "people complain about Madden" stuff. You can lead a receiver in Madden and throw to a spot, you showed it in that video that you posted a few days ago.

I stand by my argument tho, even if Warner anticipates the curl route to his left side he can't whirl around like a little kid and throw an accurate pass. He has to look, turn, and step into his throw. Those three things happening with one press of a button is a little iffy. And what if he wants to look the safety off by looking at X and then going over the top to A? If pressing X once throws the ball then where's the look/stare, pump, deep pass?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #31
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
I get everything you're saying but please stop generalizing with this "people complain about Madden" stuff.
Quick question; What would you have me say? There ae A LOT of players who make threads adn post blogs and videos, like the one you linked to, who go on and on about "this problem" and "that poblem" over and over again. "Spin catch is dumb EA Fix it!" what I saw you post on page two is the very same thing I se others post for weeks on end about QB and WR interactions. Someone complains when you quote them that you are picking on them, and when you reference a group of people who all say the same complaint, you are generalising. I just can't win for trying. I don't WANT ot pick on you, or Apex, or anyone else. i agree witha lot of what you are saying.

Also, in this video he wouldn't whirl around like a kid, he would twist his body like 45 degrees-ish and makea throw. I totally agree with you that if he wantd to throw to the flats [if a reciver was there] that a super spin would be the wrong move. However, i also think that ian adressed this problem when he talked about sped up animations in the FB dive blog. he Wrote that a lot of animations were sped up as a band-aid to cover up oher flaws. He said his team completely removed this things and that the game moves at about 5% slower sped too. I THINK this is now fixed as it wasn't jsut the FB dive. He just usedthe FB dive as an obvious example of the work they did.

I like your idea about the two button touch, but I think it needs some beta testing. I am a little wearry about a two button system becasue I was sick of the "double tap A to snap the bal then bring up the passing icons" thing we used to have prior to Madden 04. I am afriad it will feel too cluncky of an answer.

To answer your question, "If pressing X once throws the ball then where's the look/stare, pump, deep pass?" Ian kind of already told us it is in the code on a thread regarding this Blog.That when you press the button at instant speed the computer is told "Thorw a bullet/touch/lob pass to [selected reciver button" and in the past it just asked fora THP/THA ratting and made a pass. Now the computer asks for how dep is the ball, is the QB moving, and other aspects and executes an accuracy and animation accordingly. I wish I could find the post right now.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
so you're saying you like the way it looks when a QB whips around and throws a strike to a guy that he couldn't have possibly seen?
Why not just make those passes terribly inaccurate WITHOUT adding in a vision cone?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »