Home

Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

This is a discussion on Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

The VISION CONE was a great way to replicate what a QB sees. But the look on the field was not attractive and really took me out of the game. It worked and i liked it. But i think a double tap button scheme would work a bit more naturally and be easier on the eyes.

As it is right now. I dont think ANYTHING they do is going to make up for a QB's awareness when controlled by a human player. As it is right now, the Awareness attribute only means something when playing the CPU and is 100% a non-factor when played by a human. That is why you can use ANY QB and do just as good regardless of their awareness rating.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #58
Rookie

ryby6969's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

I personally liked the vision cone but if it is not in the game, then PA needs to be used. If the qb is not looking at the receiver and you hit the button to throw to him, the qb should throw to the spot the receiver is supposed to be. I think there should also be a new rating or something to determine how well a qb and wr work together. Peyton and Marvin were incredible together because they put in the reps to get the timing down. This might be a bit much to put in, but it is just a thought.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
As it is right now. I dont think ANYTHING they do is going to make up for a QB's awareness when controlled by a human player. As it is right now, the Awareness attribute only means something when playing the CPU and is 100% a non-factor when played by a human. That is why you can use ANY QB and do just as good regardless of their awareness rating.
On the PS2 version AWR actually affected THA... it might not make a whole lot of sense but it did a good job in seperating the good QBs from the crappy ones.

I assume that the additional QB stats that they are adding will help with this.

But yeah, I don't want to be able to pick A. Walter in Madden 10 just because his physical stats are good and have him perform as well as T. Brady.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
On the PS2 version AWR actually affected THA... it might not make a whole lot of sense but it did a good job in seperating the good QBs from the crappy ones.
Yeah, but it separates them in a random way. Not every QB that is inexperienced is inaccurate, and not every experienced QB is terribly accurate(McNabb).

I don't want the game to make me throw errant passes with a QB that's accurate but inexperienced. That's not sim. I'd rather have the game make it more difficult to get the ball to open receivers.

A vision cone isn't really needed; there just needs to be a clear indicator that tells the user who the QB is looking at. They could enlarge the receivers passing icon and make it pulsate.

That's basically vision cone, with out the cone, since so many people hate the way it looked.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
Yeah, but it separates them in a random way. Not every QB that is inexperienced is inaccurate, and not every experienced QB is terribly accurate(McNabb).

I don't want the game to make me throw errant passes with a QB that's accurate but inexperienced. That's not sim. I'd rather have the game make it more difficult to get the ball to open receivers.

A vision cone isn't really needed; there just needs to be a clear indicator that tells the user who the QB is looking at. They could enlarge the receivers passing icon and make it pulsate.

That's basically vision cone, with out the cone, since so many people hate the way it looked.
I agree that the AWR system on the PS2 was not a great solution, but it was certainly better than the NG solution. I assume that the extra NG QB stats will fix this... at least I hope.

Whatever system they decide, it would be nice if you had to turn your head first by using controls and then firign the pass off, as opposed to just firing the pass off instantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 05:47 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Long thread or not, if it's what we call a "Hey Ian!!" thread, it WILL be locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »