Home

Who is tired of the non-stop Madden wishlist threads/posts?

This is a discussion on Who is tired of the non-stop Madden wishlist threads/posts? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Who is tired of the non-stop Madden wishlist threads/posts?

Get tired only if they are repeats.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #10
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'll speak for myself. I hope that nobody was bothered about my asking about celebrations. It started out as a "Hey, Ian or Michael" thing, but I had the title changed as not to annoy. Now I felt the topic was very relevant to this years title and it really matters to me as I thought that last years celebrations were substandard given what was accomplished way back in 2k5 and with the Fifa titles. So it's more of a "hey, did something get done with this? And can you talk about it yet?" thing. So no intention to offend. And I thought the Spectaor Mode thing was an awesome idea. And it had been mentioned that this years title will have this new super secret online innovation that will connect fans like never before. Chance are that it's online franchise but who knows?

Some of these threads are fishing for info or for upcoming blog topics that are hoped for. Why shouldn't we try? All they can do is ignore them, say "marketing says we can't get into that kind of stuff yet," or possibly give us some crumbs about what a lot of us are really interested in. Now I'll grant that some topics are for the future, meaning they should be wishlisted, but with the dearth of hard info about what is in the game, it's hard to call it a wishlist item. So I'm gonna keep fishing for as much info as I can...

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
I get tired of threads about cleat colors and sock lengths and shoelace brands.
Not being smart-alec, but why read them? Aren't really my cup of tea or high on the list of personal priorities, but I'll grant that the Big Ben and Peyton Manning improved pics made me think about how much that does improve the experience. And Ian had the team make changes before 09 shipped. He understands that it's quite a big deal for some. And if I'm gonna be jonesing for in booth commentators, I'm not gonna dog someone who wants uniform authenticity. It's their Madden, too....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #12
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

ya know im starting to think if we can trick marketing into releasing info...

think about this...

Already by them releasing tidbits of info people are already sold, reserving there copies claiming Ian is all that is right with the world...

So apparently there marketing plan is working to a tee, They can keep giving us pebbles for info (tho I love it) and more and more ppl will be sold eliminating having to release anything big yet.

So what happens if we stopped the ***kissing, Might marketing panic and say "O no, not much excitement, We need to announce this "new" feature now to generate some buzz"???

Just curious
Old 04-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
So what happens if we stopped the ***kissing, Might marketing panic and say "O no, not much excitement, We need to announce this "new" feature now to generate some buzz"???

Just curious
I doubt it lol. The excitement is in the stone already, look at all these threads about '10.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #14
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
I doubt it lol. The excitement is in the stone already, look at all these threads about '10.

yea true, this year is already wrapped up, but maybe its a tactic we could use next year, ofcourse unless EA reads this and is onto this whole theory
Old 04-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
yea true, this year is already wrapped up, but maybe its a tactic we could use next year, ofcourse unless EA reads this and is onto this whole theory
lol honestly after all we have posted I don't see how Madden '11 wouldn't be perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #16
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
ya know im starting to think if we can trick marketing into releasing info...

think about this...

Already by them releasing tidbits of info people are already sold, reserving there copies claiming Ian is all that is right with the world...

So apparently there marketing plan is working to a tee, They can keep giving us pebbles for info (tho I love it) and more and more ppl will be sold eliminating having to release anything big yet.

Just curious
Why do people call excitement and anticipation butt-kissing? There are persons, like myself, who actually want a great game this year, and are rooting for the possibility we might actually get it. EA doesn't owe me anything. I bought the games, flaws and all. It just boggles my mind of how there are those who think EA needs to win them back for the "betrayal" that Madden next-gen has been. They put Ian the helm, I trust his vision and the team he has assembled. 06-09 is yesterday and can't be changed. Now I'm just taking this year as this year. I'm not holding anyone, Marketing or otherwise over the fire. And I will say that EA Sports under Peter Moore has gained me as a fan. EA Canada is a kick-butt studio that is putting 2k Sports to shame. But I'm not saying any more, before the inevitable "fanboy" wars begin.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »