Home

Who is tired of the non-stop Madden wishlist threads/posts?

This is a discussion on Who is tired of the non-stop Madden wishlist threads/posts? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #17
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Who is tired of the non-stop Madden wishlist threads/posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
lol honestly after all we have posted I don't see how Madden '11 wouldn't be perfect.
We'll I do see something big that could happen..

Phil already said if 10' doesn't do well in sales they'll likely bring back gimmicks (back of the box features)
Old 04-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #18
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
We'll I do see something big that could happen..

Phil already said if 10' doesn't do well in sales they'll likely bring back gimmicks (back of the box features)
I think that Phil is going to have some unfounded worries. Fifa09 wasn't about "back of the box" hype and outsold Madden....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I think that Phil is going to have some unfounded worries. Fifa09 wasn't about "back of the box" hype and outsold Madden....
Yeah but soccer is way bigger than "american" football around the globe. it selling more than Madden doesn't necessarily make it a better game
Old 04-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #20
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Yeah but soccer is way bigger than "american" football around the globe. it selling more than Madden doesn't necessarily make it a better game
Never even went into the whole "Fifa vs. Madden" thing like the other day. Just saying that it basically had no back of the box features to speak of and was the best selling EA Sports game. It just was a great representation of the sport and sold on that. If Tiburon makes a great football game, people will buy it for that alone. No hype needed....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 55

The forum is a marketplace of ideas. You don't have to read the threads. The more ideas the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #22
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

Quote:
Why do people call excitement and anticipation butt-kissing? There are persons, like myself, who actually want a great game this year, and are rooting for the possibility we might actually get it. EA doesn't owe me anything. I bought the games, flaws and all. It just boggles my mind of how there are those who think EA needs to win them back for the "betrayal" that Madden next-gen has been. They put Ian the helm, I trust his vision and the team he has assembled. 06-09 is yesterday and can't be changed. Now I'm just taking this year as this year. I'm not holding anyone, Marketing or otherwise over the fire. And I will say that EA Sports under Peter Moore has gained me as a fan. EA Canada is a kick-butt studio that is putting 2k Sports to shame. But I'm not saying any more, before the inevitable "fanboy" wars begin.....
Well when I say "***kissing" the way your taking it is not how I meant it, But we both would be a little nieve to believe alot of ppl here don't think Ian is the "Savior" already.

Honestly I don't think EA in general cares about any betrayal or anything, Because regardless there's going to be a midnight release with millions of copies sold 1st week...

But the love for Ian has without doubt grown progressively fast over the last few weeks (Hence by all the new OS members, myself included)
Old 04-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #23
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
Well when I say "***kissing" the way your taking it is not how I meant it, But we both would be a little nieve to believe alot of ppl here don't think Ian is the "Savior" already.

Honestly I don't think EA in general cares about any betrayal or anything, Because regardless there's going to be a midnight release with millions of copies sold 1st week...

But the love for Ian has without doubt grown progressively fast over the last few weeks (Hence by all the new OS members, myself included)
I was just making a general statement. It wasn't meant at you, just more of a statement about the mindset that still pervades with some members who, deep down inside, still think of EA as the mindless monolith that just tells lies and does their best P.T. Barnum laughing all the way to the bank. There is much evidence to the contrary. I'll grant that Ian has built quite the cult following. But he's doing it with hard stuff, like showing the way he's re-building the game with the blogs and video footage. It's isn't some ethereal press release and cool sounding features. There's meat on them bones and people are eating it up. But the proof will be in the gameplay vids. Then we'll set the dream in motion and can form more solid opinions about this title. So please don't think I took offense.... We're all fans here!

Old 04-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #24
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

Quote:
I was just making a general statement. It wasn't meant at you, just more of a statement about the mindset that still pervades with some members who, deep down inside, still think of EA as the mindless monolith that just tells lies and does their best P.T. Barnum laughing all the way to the bank. There is much evidence to the contrary. I'll grant that Ian has built quite the cult following. But he's doing it with hard stuff, like showing the way he's re-building the game with the blogs and video footage. It's isn't some ethereal press release and cool sounding features. There's meat on them bones and people are eating it up. But the proof will be in the gameplay vids. Then we'll set the dream in motion and can form more solid opinions about this title. So please don't think I took offense.... We're all fans here!
And here's to a solid debate Brian

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »