Home
View Poll Results: Fight for the fumble outcome should be?
Completley Random 21 25.30%
Button Mash 2 2.41%
Wiggle the analog sticks (pick the lock style) 5 6.02%
Ratings only 9 10.84%
Ratings + situation + button mash 30 36.14%
Situation only (closest man to the ball reaction button) 15 18.07%
Some sort of mini game 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Fight For the Fumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
Because if the play isn't dead, you have to still control a player. What do you do than?
What control can you expect to have in a pileup?

And how is "mashing a button over and over" control?

Let the user control end when the pile up occurs, and let the AI play it out... the suspense is good enough... that represents the NFL pretty well, when you're watching on TV your sitting there on the edge of your seat waiting to see what the Ref signals... that's all we should need.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
What control can you expect to have in a pileup?

And how is "mashing a button over and over" control?

Let the user control end when the pile up occurs, and let the AI play it out... the suspense is good enough... that represents the NFL pretty well, when you're watching on TV your sitting there on the edge of your seat waiting to see what the Ref signals... that's all we should need.
This is how I picture it should be

Adrian Peterson(User) runs through the two hole, spins off a LB and runs right into the safety, out comes the ball. Sidney Rice(WR) dives for the ball, an OLB dives on top of Sidney Rice and so on, instantly the pile is made.

Now, Unless you hit (B) and switched users, you are still Adrian Peterson, the CPU is in the pile and that is when the CPU of both teams fight for the ball, out of your control...... UNLESS, you press (B- cycle players) and you cycle the player closes to the ball (as always) not knowing if you have the ball you still have to press (RB-to try to recover the ball, performing a action similar to the strip button) . If you recover , you do,.. if you don't you don't. Another teammate still can recover.

On paper it looks confusing but real-time it happens pretty instantly. There are no special scenes or cut scenes.

I honestly don't see how someone can have a problem with that. It seems like fair chance to me.

IMO the term button "mash" or "smash" throws people off, whatever happen to "Press."

Last edited by ncaa07jones; 04-02-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 39

Looks like Option 5 in the lead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Looks like Option 5 in the lead.
Its funny that Option 5 makes no sense:

Ratings + situation + button mash

So you want Ratings and situation to dictate... but also button mash?!

Isn't that contradictory? Hey, this guy has the highest uhmm whatever stat is relevant here and he's closest to the ball... but.. the other guy is pushing X much faster .. so.. yeah... what?!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Its funny that Option 5 makes no sense:

Ratings + situation + button mash

So you want Ratings and situation to dictate... but also button mash?!

Isn't that contradictory? Hey, this guy has the highest uhmm whatever stat is relevant here and he's closest to the ball... but.. the other guy is pushing X much faster .. so.. yeah... what?!
I think you are looking at it or picturing it wrong.

Ratings
- (1)Strength, for when the person is in the pile ALREADY with someone and trying to come up with the ball in time for the ref to make his call. (2) Awareness, being aware that the ball is loose (practiced so many times in football practice.

Situation - (1)No need to button "mash" if there is no pile. (2)Brandon Jacobs on the ground with PacMan Jones fighting for the ball, obviously Brandon Jacobs is stronger player.

Button Mash - For when you are in the pile trying to come up with the ball.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:

Ratings
- (1)Strength, for when the person is in the pile ALREADY with someone and trying to come up with the ball in time for the ref to make his call. (2) Awareness, being aware that the ball is loose (practiced so many times in football practice.

Situation - (1)No need to button "mash" if there is no pile. (2)Brandon Jacobs on the ground with PacMan Jones fighting for the ball, obviously Brandon Jacobs is stronger player.

Something like that...Basically its any or all combination of the 3 to help determine the outcome
Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:

Ratings

Why do we need the button mashing? Can we seriously not let the AI decide this based on stats and situation... why must we add this arcadish element to the entire experience... I just don't get it. Do people really need to be so involved?!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Why do we need the button mashing? Can we seriously not let the AI decide this based on stats and situation... why must we add this arcadish element to the entire experience... I just don't get it. Do people really need to be so involved?!
For me the "mashing" part makes it sound Arcadish, just be Button "Press" or something

but I dont understand what you expect to do when there is a pile, you still have to control your player. What do you want it to do? Go to a cut scene?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »