Home
View Poll Results: Fight for the fumble outcome should be?
Completley Random 21 25.30%
Button Mash 2 2.41%
Wiggle the analog sticks (pick the lock style) 5 6.02%
Ratings only 9 10.84%
Ratings + situation + button mash 30 36.14%
Situation only (closest man to the ball reaction button) 15 18.07%
Some sort of mini game 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: Fight For the Fumble

Should be random
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro_dogg20
Should be random
I couldn't imagine that happening in Madden, Madden is suppose to be hands on.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
For me the "mashing" part makes it sound Arcadish, just be Button "Press" or something

but I dont understand what you expect to do when there is a pile, you still have to control your player. What do you want it to do? Go to a cut scene?
Why do you have to control your player.. I mean, its a pile up.. what can you hope to control in a pile up?! We don't see what happens in a pile up on TV...

I'm not a fan of cut scenes, but this is one time where I think it would be fine... the camera can rotate around the pileup... refs can get in there and try to pull people off... eventually one ref will signal who gets the ball and that's that.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Why do you have to control your player.. I mean, its a pile up.. what can you hope to control in a pile up?! We don't see what happens in a pile up on TV...

I'm not a fan of cut scenes, but this is one time where I think it would be fine... the camera can rotate around the pileup... refs can get in there and try to pull people off... eventually one ref will signal who gets the ball and that's that.
I don't think you understand, you have to control a player period when your playing madden when the ball is still in play. Name a time in Madden where the ball is in play and you aren't able to control a player.

You would rather run through the middle lose the ball and BAM a cut scene?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
I don't think you understand, you have to control a player period when your playing madden when the ball is still in play. Name a time in Madden where the ball is in play and you aren't able to control a player.

You would rather run through the middle lose the ball and BAM a cut scene?
PS2, when you sometimes get into a tackle animation that has you press X repeatedly to see if you can break it. At that point you are not in control of ANY player.

Here's the thing... its a pileup, the ball will be recovered by one team and that is that... the play is dead. Its not like you can recover the ball from a pileup and then run with it... right? The second that the pileup occurs the play is out of your hands! Just like it's out of the hands of 99.99999% of the players on the field in a real NFL game.

What do you expect to control in a pile up? That is my question to you.

I mean we're all talking about this without enough info IMO... I would like Ian to provide us with a bit more of how exactly they are having it play out right now... so until that happens we're just making educated guesses...

I'd like to know when the game decides that a pileup is occurring...there has to be a point when that is decided so the game can seperate a normal fumble recover (when the camera spins around to indicate that the other team recovered for example) and when its a pileup so the camera does not give away who won...

So there has to be a separation there in the code that tells the game, ok, you are no longer in normal play mode you are now in pileup mode...

Last edited by CapnKill; 04-02-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
PS2, when you sometimes get into a tackle animation that has you press X repeatedly to see if you can break it. At that point you are not in control of ANY player.
If you were tapping X repeatedly to break a tackle you were in control of the ball carrier.

Quote:
Just like it's out of the hands of 99.99999% of the players on the field in a real NFL game. .
I understand and see your points but that statement isn't true. In real life the 1-2 sometimes 3 players at the bottom of the pile control the fate of the fumble.

Should it zoom in and get all in the pile? Nooo..

But just as the players in the real-life fight for it, we should.
Come on it's Madden, not Head Coach.

Seeing how there are so many possibilities to handle this is exciting itself.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
If you were tapping X repeatedly to break a tackle you were in control of the ball carrier.
Define control. If I can't move the ball carrier I don't consider that control.

Quote:
I understand and see your points but that statement isn't true. In real life the 1-2 sometimes 3 players at the bottom of the pile control the fate of the fumble.
Perhaps no one really knows, its a chaotic mess.

Quote:
Should it zoom in and get all in the pile? Nooo..
No, the NFL would not allow that for sure.

Quote:
But just as the players in the real-life fight for it, we should.
Give me a way to fight for it that does not require me to push a button faster than the other guy and I'll listen.

Quote:
Seeing how there are so many possibilities to handle this is exciting itself.
I guess... but I feel as if we need more info... we have too much range to speculate with... need it to be focused a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »