Home

Donny M's Mock Draft Round 1

This is a discussion on Donny M's Mock Draft Round 1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Donny M's Mock Draft Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Worst DT class in years.
Really? You think it is worse than 2 years ago with okoye and harrell being the two first round DTs? amobi is alright but I would say raji is every bit as good of a prospect as him. There wasn't really anyone else worth a whole lot in that class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Raji missed 2007 due to academic reasons, the testing positive at BC and the Combine are red flags, add on some said benefited greatly from playing with Brace and his play declined when brace was off the field, and the fact he really shot up draft boards around the senior bowl week, where he dominated the 1 on 1 drills

too many question marks for a top 10 pick IAO, especially when you see a superior athlete like Ngata drafted at 13.. A NT in the top 10 is a reach, and if Ngata (even tho he plays end now, was thought to be a NT at draft time) can't go, Andy can't fathom this kid in the top 10
Old 04-03-2009, 01:12 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 41

What I don't understand is how is it that all 3 USC LB's are projected to go in the 1st rd yet they got ripped by the one game I watched by the Oregon State RB.

They are basically saying that USC had 3 Pro Bowl NFL LB's on there team LOL. If there was 3 Pro Bowl LB's on that team a little RB like Oregon States would not have ran like he did against them.

Also note worthy.......

Just because Rey does not have great speed does not mean he won't be a great ILB in the NFL. The so called Experts said the same thing about Lofa Tatupu and look how he turned out.

I do think Rey is by far the best LB out of the bunch but at the same time I think there is only 1 clear cut cream of the crop at LB and that is Aaron Curry. The rest will be role players on there teams.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:20 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
The points of mocks are to discuss them.. that's what makes them fun, otherwise it would get kinda boring
Hey no third person lol sorry ill play nice.

I would have chose differntly for the first 5 picks. I feel if you were to pick up a LT there is no one better the Eugene Monroe. The loins take him 1st of 1st if the go for a T. Jason Smith would go to the Rams. Im not sure about the chiefs cz they could go crabtree,staford,curry or orakpo. orakpo seems like a good fit because he is a lesser T. suggs and will help with a hybrid D. The seahawks after picking up TJ will prob pass on crabtree and curry seems like the logical pick. Brown at 5 to the browns is a train wreck waiting to hapen. I see brown only as a 4-3 DE. If the browns trade B edwards they will pick up crabtree but if he is still on the team I wouldnt be surprized to see them pick Clay Matthews or Malcom Jenkins.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN

Just because Rey does not have great speed does not mean he won't be a great ILB in the NFL. The so called Experts said the same thing about Lofa Tatupu and look how he turned out.
Andy just saw alot of people saying how speed was one of the things that made Rey such a freak.. agreed it's not important with ILB.. Andy is much more interested in his 10, and to a lesser extent 20 yard split... also it's undeniable his lack of agility, coupled with his tendancy to over pursue, it's not a good combo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I do think Rey is by far the best LB out of the bunch but at the same time I think there is only 1 clear cut cream of the crop at LB and that is Aaron Curry. The rest will be role players on there teams.

Big fan of Matthews jr.(1.49 10 yard split at the combine- only 9 Corner backs ran faster) and then Cushing, and then Rey, IAO of course
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 01:32 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I wouldnt be surprized to see them pick Clay Matthews or Malcom Jenkins.
Clay would be a major reach at 5

Andy loves Jenkins, prob best in a tampa 2 system, but he will do great anywhere

Can't see K.C passing on Curry, which would lead one to believe Rak will be available at 5, where he will be the Browns pick
Old 04-03-2009, 01:37 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Raji missed 2007 due to academic reasons, the testing positive at BC and the Combine are red flags, add on some said benefited greatly from playing with Brace and his play declined when brace was off the field, and the fact he really shot up draft boards around the senior bowl week, where he dominated the 1 on 1 drills

too many question marks for a top 10 pick IAO, especially when you see a superior athlete like Ngata drafted at 13.. A NT in the top 10 is a reach, and if Ngata (even tho he plays end now, was thought to be a NT at draft time) can't go, Andy can't fathom this kid in the top 10

Raji going to slip big time now after this latest report.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Clay would be a major reach at 5

Andy loves Jenkins, prob best in a tampa 2 system, but he will do great anywhere

Can't see K.C passing on Curry, which would lead one to believe Rak will be available at 5, where he will be the Browns pick
If rak falls then I agree the browns will draft him instead of clay but clay is not only a LB he is basicly almost as complete as curry. He played DE/LB in college and at his pro day looked like a saftey how he moved. This is another reason for the jump.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/02/brow...uscs-matthews/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »