Home

No Customizable Camera Angles=No Sale

This is a discussion on No Customizable Camera Angles=No Sale within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: No Customizable Camera Angles=No Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
If the game is as good as Ian says it will be and has all the improvements that have been touted then why on earth would you not buy it because of camera angles??

I agree that multiple camera angles/custom camera is a long overdue feature but come on man, if it's not there this year, it's not there.

Why deny yourself a great game just because of one missing feature?

It's not a gamebreaker surely?
It's my eyes into the game. The default cameras are too close to the action. I don't enjoy the game when I don't have a good view of everything that is happening. I tried to play the normal madden view on the PS2 on many occasions but I always went back to Madden Long because I want to see everything.

Playing defense is ZERO fun for me with the default cam. It is too close and too low, so its difficult to read the opponents routes... I find myself sitting there and reacting to what my opponent does instead of trying to jump routes and such... the chess match on defense is gone for me when I can't see what's happening.

Maybe I'm being picky, but for me, the way I view the field is the #1 most important thing. The game could be phenomenal on every level, but if I don't like how I see the game, then what good does that do me?

And there's also the fact that having a sports game in 2009 that does not give you options for multiple camera angles is unheard of! And to think that Madden, out of all the games, which is in such a huge spot light is the one game that doesn't offer camera angles is unacceptable.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 15

Fair enough.

I see your point of view completely now. Didn't realise that you really can't play the game as it is.

Shame, as I don't think that multiple camera angles will be in this year and even worse, I think it will mean you miss out on the best Madden in 5 years
Old 04-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Fair enough.

I see your point of view completely now. Didn't realise that you really can't play the game as it is.

Shame, as I don't think that multiple camera angles will be in this year and even worse, I think it will mean you miss out on the best Madden in 5 years
Heh, sadly that's not saying much

I do have faith that Madden 10 will fix a lot of the mistakes that have unfolded before our eyes in the first 4 NG Maddens, but there's certainly no shortage of NG games to play so I can certainly wait until Madden 11... I'd rather not though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by horncats
Hi everyone;

i've been really frustrated in the last few years because of the fact that there's only 1 camera option. So if there's no user/customizable camera means no sale for me.

Can anyone confirm if there's user camera options for Madden or NCAA this year

thanks a bunch

I fully agree Madden is pretty much the only major sports game to not only not give us custom camera's but no other camera options.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Incorrect inferrence there my friend...they did change their camera system but I didn't say anything about custom angles. You should try to get an answer from OMT or one of the other EA devs from NCAA on that issue...I don't want to go down as saying they have it if they don't (truth be told I don't know either way.

I'm interested in this topic though...look for a poll shortly.
Yeah, I know you remember me from last year raising this issue, at the very least please give us multiple camera angles if you can't give us a custom mode.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 21

Camera angles are a HUGE deal-breaker for me...

They don't have to be fully customizeable, just as long as there is a few options to choose from, especially something zoomed out so I can see the sidelines within 10 yrds from the LOS in each direction.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 04-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
It's my eyes into the game. The default cameras are too close to the action. I don't enjoy the game when I don't have a good view of everything that is happening. I tried to play the normal madden view on the PS2 on many occasions but I always went back to Madden Long because I want to see everything.

Playing defense is ZERO fun for me with the default cam. It is too close and too low, so its difficult to read the opponents routes... I find myself sitting there and reacting to what my opponent does instead of trying to jump routes and such... the chess match on defense is gone for me when I can't see what's happening.

Maybe I'm being picky, but for me, the way I view the field is the #1 most important thing. The game could be phenomenal on every level, but if I don't like how I see the game, then what good does that do me?

And there's also the fact that having a sports game in 2009 that does not give you options for multiple camera angles is unheard of! And to think that Madden, out of all the games, which is in such a huge spot light is the one game that doesn't offer camera angles is unacceptable.
E-X-A-C-T-L-Y.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #16
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill

Great post dude!

I think you're right, every sports game in this day and age should have the option for multiple camera angles by default. It shouldn't even be a debate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »