Home

So what does AWR do now?

This is a discussion on So what does AWR do now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
So what does AWR do now?

As more stats are added I feel like AWR means less and less.

So what does AWR still effect?

If I have a LBer with 99 play recognition and 50 AWR, what do I really have? I understand that this combo is probably not a realistic example, but I'm just wondering if this LBer will be elite at play recognition or if the 50 AWR will have a negative impact on his 99 player recognition...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: So what does AWR do now?

I think the PR refers to the LB understanding that it's a run/pass (Meaning he won't bite on the play action) and the AWR having effects on how fast he can react to it.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

If you give a player 0 awareness he doesnt attack the ball when its in the air as much in 09. Thats about all I could really see honestly.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

AWR is the least meanigful of all the attributes.

Hope the ratings change means that attributes mean something. As it is now all that matter are...Speed,Acceleration and Throwing power. You can set all the other attributes to 50, jack up speed and acceleration and your players will perform just as well if not better due to high spd and accl.

just and experiment i tried a few times to test the theory and it worked.

Ratings just need an overhaul.

Cant wait for more info and updates.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
AWR is the least meanigful of all the attributes.
I think that depends on the position.

If I'm playing QB, I can have a strong arm and be as accurate as a bee during a bee sting lol, but If I don't see that DE coming towards me in time to notice my WR is open all those other att means.. well.. Zero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
I think that depends on the position.

If I'm playing QB, I can have a strong arm and be as accurate as a bee during a bee sting lol, but If I don't see that DE coming towards me in time to notice my WR is open all those other att means.. well.. Zero.
For the QB, awareness means absolutely nothing, unless you're on defense and you're playing the computer. It means nothing if you're playing another human.

If you're playing a human opponent, and you knock your opponent's starting QB out of the game, as long as the back up has a strong arm, and isn't too inaccurate you won't notice the difference.

In reality, quarterback is the most important position in football; in madden QB's are interchangeable .

That's not sim.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78

If you're playing a human opponent, and you knock your opponent's starting QB out of the game, as long as the back up has a strong arm, and isn't too inaccurate you won't notice the difference.
If your playing a Human, than no the QB AWR doesn't matter because the Human is pretty much the substitute for the AWR.

I agree about the backup QB thing. I remember EA saying Stats matter, I think it was when they introduced Weapons. It mattered in a whole different meaning.

If I see Nick Harper go toe to toe with Larry Fitzgerald in '10, I'm going crazy.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
For the QB, awareness means absolutely nothing, unless you're on defense and you're playing the computer. It means nothing if you're playing another human.

In reality, quarterback is the most important position in football; in madden QB's are interchangeable .

That's not sim.
You can use a punter as a QB and be unstoppable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »