Home

The Madden NFL 10 Multiple Camera Angle Thread

This is a discussion on The Madden NFL 10 Multiple Camera Angle Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do multiple camera angles mean to you?
Nothing 293 40.81%
I will be very upset if they aren't included in Madden NFL 10 326 45.40%
I will not buy or play Madden NFL 10 if they aren't included 99 13.79%
Voters: 718. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: I doubt there will be new camera angles in Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Since Madden 06', we have seen slightly different cameras every year, so at the very least, we should be able to expect all those cameras to be available during gameplay, right? Why do we have one option? Sure, some may like that camera, but I agree with most that state it doesnt show off Madden. I'll even go further and say it doesnt make enjoyable gameplay for me. What is the point of new route running animations? I have a 52" sony bravia lcd screen, and I cant even see most of the WR's close enough to know what they are doing/not doing during route running. Now, I know new route running will help, Im all for it and it was impressive in the videos I saw. My point is, we need camera's to show Madden off. You guys seam happy with the new graphics, Id like a camera that shows them off, as 2k5 did. Your Camera stays so zoomed back the whole time its boring. And even though it zooms back, others state having troubles seeing the flats. This has to be addressed.

I also agree, why are so many people jumping in with statements like, if we have to SACRIFICE features for gameplay, we will do it. The time for sacrifice is over. We have all sacrificed over the past few years, and look where that has got us.

As I said, Ian and team may deliver on everything we could ask for in a Madden 2010. But I have to admmitt, not locking down camera angles is a back breaker for me. I dont know how long some of you have been playing Madden, I was playing since 93'. And if you remember back just to 06' we were promised camera angles, that even showed us a first person view as a crowd member from his seat!! 4 years later, still no custom camera on the field?
Right on man
Old 03-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #58

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Agree 100%.

Things have gotten pretty surreal with this supposed "Next gen". When by year five, you have to hold your breath hoping for different camera views and Refs on the field.

And these most basic of things are now looked at as big time features, that info on them is being withheld till a later date. Strange days indeed.

I mean really as judgmental as madden and football fans are, i would hold the basic things in if they really are the big time features. They want people to guess and anticapate what could be in the game b/c, they know if they release everything now that people are going to judge the game before its even out.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:32 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
^^^ It's year 5. We've sacrificed more than enough. It shouldn't even be an either or deal at this point.
True, but there is a world of difference between what SHOULD be done and what CAN be done. The reality of it is that adding additional camera angles is going to cost in some other feature.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
True, but there is a world of difference between what SHOULD be done and what CAN be done. The reality of it is that adding additional camera angles is going to cost in some other feature.
That's true, and I'm sure you will agree that the reason we're even in this mess is because of bad design decisions from the start. The game is now going into yet another direction in a series of different (or at least modified if not different) ones in just a 5 year span. These small but important parts never seemed to have a strong priority and they got passed over in favor of things we've all mostly hated.

I wouldn't be surprised if the framerate is an issue with the camera's. It's funny to me that the people who (and we're talking small internet groups because at large this has never been considered a big deal) make minor gripes demanding 60 frames, never realize that some of the things we've had to give up to get 60 frames are things that they're complaining about not being in the game now, lol.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Agree 100%.

Things have gotten pretty surreal with this supposed "Next gen". When by year five, you have to hold your breath hoping for different camera views and Refs on the field.

And these most basic of things are now looked at as big time features, that info on them is being withheld till a later date. Strange days indeed.
I do agree that the situation isn't the best...but I hope you can see you all are being heard now (as the blogs and changes will continue to prove).

A key point though is that we aren't 'witholding' these things to my knowledge. If it makes it in the game for sure, we will let you know that it's in, and no one on this team should be 'hyping' it. That's why I released defensive matchups to the blog with no fanfare...it is expected, it should have been there already, but hell, we are happy it is finally back.

You won't see me touting old features as a big deal. "Act like you've been there before" I believe applies here.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 03-21-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners

Since when does a custom camera mean we have to loose features? Ive seen more features and more cameras in a 4.7GB disc(2k5). How in the world does it not all fit in a 50GB blu ray disc? Anyone who makes such statements defending these kind of short commings are to busy defending Madden to see whats right in front of there faces. Bottom line, there arent any excuses, only the ones we create to ease our own minds. I often think the EA team must read some of our comments and laugh. Why should they produce a great game, 75% of us Madden fans defend the game to no end, no matter what the actual game plays like.

Ian, I sure hope you guys find time to create some nice camera's. It is really important as you can read from others. If I may ask, do you guys have enough workers you need to see Madden is upgraded to what it needs to be? Ive read you guys are trying to get to issue's like Custom cameras, and it seams if there is no time to do so, there arent enough men on the job. Im sure the guys you do have, all work very hard, I have no doubts there and dont mean this comment in that way at all. I guess it seams as if EA wants just enough time made for new rosters, small features, and you and the rest of us, want to make a better game that plays fresh.

Last edited by wheelman990; 03-21-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Since when does custom camera mean we have to loose features? Ive seen more features and more cameras in a 4.7GB disc(2k5). How in the world does it not all fit in a 50GB blu ray disc? Anyone who makes such statements defending these kind of short commings are to busy defending Madden to see whats right in front of there faces. Bottom line, there arent any excuses, only the ones we create to ease our own minds. I often think the EA team must read some of our comments and laugh. Why should they produce a great game, 75% of the Madden fans defend the game to no end, no matter what the actual game plays like.

No, it's that people like you live in a make believe world where the laws of thermodynamics can be violated (i.e. there are simply limited resources).

I am NOT a Madden "fan" who defends this game. I have criticized it harshly for several reasons. What I am saying is that IN REALITY every single feature that is worked on MUST by the very laws of nature use up time and resources that COULD HAVE gone to another feature. This is a fact of reality.

Here is the reality of this particular situation:

For whatever reasons, design decisions a few years ago have made it difficult to add in camera options. Similarly, design decisions made it difficult to sync animations (and the "solution" resulted in the unstoppable FB dive). Now, in order to fix that problem, the developers had to spend massive amounts of time tweaking the real cause of the problem - the engine issues that stemmed from design situations a few years ago.

For the camera situation, a similar thing must be done. But, what you guys don't seem to realize, in your make believe world, is that it is going to take a tone of resources to accomplish the task. And in THIS world, THERE ISN'T INFINITE RESOURCES.

There are time deadlines and budget limits that the developers must work within. So the reality of the situation is, they have to prioritize the features the game will have each year, and some will inevitably have to be scrapped.

This is NOT an excuse for the poor decisions a few years ago that are manifesting themselves today. It is simply a somber assessment of the reality of the situation. I live in the real world. You (apparently) do not.

If you want EA to have more employees working on it, a much larger budget, and a longer window of time to accomplish all the things you want the game to, you're going to have to complain to the BOSSES of the developers, not Ian and his team. Do you really think THEY read these forums? No, they probably do not.

Maybe if thousands of us write angry letters every week... but that'll possibly just get Ian fired, lol. So, what do you do?

Last edited by 94niners; 03-21-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #64
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
^^^ It's year 5. We've sacrificed more than enough. It shouldn't even be an either or deal at this point.
+1 from me as well...Im getting real sick of LG features being MIA.
This one especially....because as noted camera angles have been apart of virtually every sports game of the modern era, except for Madden/NCAA

So Ian please get the team together and tell them......

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »