Home
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: why not hire 2k5 staff to make madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Madden2005 did outsell 2k5. But 2k sold a bunch of units and made Madden drop it's price to 29.99 in record time and made them consumate the NFL deal for a pretty penny. Problem is that 2k had to figure out how to get up to full price again and stop bleeding money. All of the issues that 2k are going through today is because they took a huge financial gamble that didn't pay off. The TT/GTA stuff didn't help either.

Simple truth is that 2k's only hope was to be bought up. It didn't happen and they are just holding on. Hopefully they continue to have some sympathy from the sports they have left where they don't get priced out of business with licensing fees. And they'd really better bring their quality up. All three titles this year had issues. Be it freezing, crap framerates or just terrible programming. So for everyone who harps about EA and plays the sympathetic fan of 2k, let's not sugarcoat it. EA is on it's way up and 2k is really having some serious struggles maintaining it's spot. Their QC stinks and they've got old tech and not much money to upgrade...
I know Madden outsold 2k5. 2k5 However outsold madden on the xbox, and was in the top 10 2 times, where as Madden was in once with the other hanging around 13 or something. Thats not why i said check your sources.

NFL 2k (1.20m), NFL 2k1 (1.09m), NFL 2k3 (1.03m) all sold 1 million units. This dude claims 2k5 was the only one that did.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

There isn't one person from the Madden 09 development team that is working on Madden 10. So far, what the Madden team has introduced is back to a sim feeling.
so are you saying ian wasnt on the 09 team, or that he isnt working on 10?

im actually curious about this, is there a list of the people on the dev teams for each year somewhere?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoddx
Someone a few pages back said (paraphrased) "2k5 is dead and gone"...that's absolutely not true. Until Madden comes close to what 2k5 offered, it will always be a legitimate argument and will always hold true. Just because people keep mentioning it doesn't mean it's dead. The fact that this guy came here with no previous knowledge to this forum and to how many time this "horse" has been "beat", kind of proves what most people are actually thinking. He didn't come here with an agenda, and there's no 2k5 club out there to piss off Madden fanboys at OS. He came with a thought that a good majority of fans that don't suck on EA's collective weiner are probably thinking. It's ridiculous that just because it's been mentioned before, that it's a void argument. BECAUSE of the fact that people mention it so often, it should be brought to light even further as a legitimate argument, and hopefully, a basis for the new EA team to get their **** straight.
I cant agree with you on the Madden fanboy thing here man. I would say the majority of posters here like 2k5. You need to look around a lil bit. You actually seem to be the 2k fanboy, but you haven't realised yet that most of the folks here love 2k also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I cant agree with you on the Madden fanboy thing here man. I would say the majority of posters here like 2k5. You need to look around a lil bit. You actually seem to be the 2k fanboy, but you haven't realised yet that most of the folks here love 2k also.
There's a different level of interaction and conversation over here dude. You aint on that level yet. Hang around for a bit and soak up some game, grown man style.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #77
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
I know Madden outsold 2k5. 2k5 However outsold madden on the xbox, and was in the top 10 2 times, where as Madden was in once with the other hanging around 13 or something. Thats not why i said check your sources.

NFL 2k (1.20m), NFL 2k1 (1.09m), NFL 2k3 (1.03m) all sold 1 million units. This dude claims 2k5 was the only one that did.
Your wrong on the Xbox, Madden 05 Sold 1.45M copies and NFL 2k5 sold 1.41. Madden also outsold NFL 2k5 on the PS2 by a 2-1 Margin. 2K5 also came out earlier and it was only $19.99 where as Madden was released almost 2 weeks later and was $50.00 but dropped down to $29.99. (www.VGchartz.com)

Madden 05 and NFL 2k5 were both lauded but Madden proved to be the peoples champ.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #78
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

why lookie there, its a 2k5 vs Madden thread. Never seen one of those before....

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 04-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #79
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
why lookie there, its a 2k5 vs Madden thread. Never seen one of those before....
where are the mods at?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #80
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Enjoying it while the mods are out of town!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »