Home
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #65
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: why not hire 2k5 staff to make madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Off topic but couldn't resist it Brian...I'm more of a Pro Evo Man myself
Another outdated game using old tech!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Because EA is in the business of making money?

The 2k football titles had their admirers, but their sales figures were to (put it kindly) weak. The only time they topped a million units sold was NFL 2k5, but they had to practically give the thing away to do it.
Wow dude check your sources.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #67
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24
you want me to leave cause i make a suggestion to make the game better? thats silly.

im sorry i dont sugar coat anything. my logic is this: if im working on my car and the screwdriver is too short, i think...ill get a longer screwdriver...

in this case its not a screwdriver we are talking about, its the dev team for the only NFL video game that is available.

We understand what you are saying. Many people before you have said the same thing.

There isn't one person from the Madden 09 development team that is working on Madden 10. So far, what the Madden team has introduced is back to a sim feeling.

So, let's wait until 10 is in our hands before we are judgmental. We all understand what Madden has been in the past, but there isn't anything we can do to change the past.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Another outdated game using old tech!
Don't start me on that one. Another day, another thread maybe
Old 04-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24
obviously they are better at making the game.

i have watched so many videos, and 2k5 is smoother, more immersive and seamless, more true to football. they were doing things 5 years ago that madden might do in 10 years or more likely, never.

why not track down the original 2k5 programmers and design team and bring them onto the madden project. imagine what they could do with todays resources. imagine what it would be like to have the features of madden 2020, but be able to play that game in 2011 or 12.

not trying to hate, just being realistic.
I have a great Idea, how about you stick to 2k5 and forget about Madden...
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 04-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #70
8/11/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Today must be the the Mods and the Admins day off. For a troll thread like this to last this long is absurd.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #71
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Wow dude check your sources.
Madden2005 did outsell 2k5. But 2k sold a bunch of units and made Madden drop it's price to 29.99 in record time and made them consumate the NFL deal for a pretty penny. Problem is that 2k had to figure out how to get up to full price again and stop bleeding money. All of the issues that 2k are going through today is because they took a huge financial gamble that didn't pay off. The TT/GTA stuff didn't help either.

Simple truth is that 2k's only hope was to be bought up. It didn't happen and they are just holding on. Hopefully they continue to have some sympathy from the sports they have left where they don't get priced out of business with licensing fees. And they'd really better bring their quality up. All three titles this year had issues. Be it freezing, crap framerates or just terrible programming. So for everyone who harps about EA and plays the sympathetic fan of 2k, let's not sugarcoat it. EA is on it's way up and 2k is really having some serious struggles maintaining it's spot. Their QC stinks and they've got old tech and not much money to upgrade...

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 5

Someone a few pages back said (paraphrased) "2k5 is dead and gone"...that's absolutely not true. Until Madden comes close to what 2k5 offered, it will always be a legitimate argument and will always hold true. Just because people keep mentioning it doesn't mean it's dead. The fact that this guy came here with no previous knowledge to this forum and to how many time this "horse" has been "beat", kind of proves what most people are actually thinking. He didn't come here with an agenda, and there's no 2k5 club out there to piss off Madden fanboys at OS. He came with a thought that a good majority of fans that don't suck on EA's collective weiner are probably thinking. It's ridiculous that just because it's been mentioned before, that it's a void argument. BECAUSE of the fact that people mention it so often, it should be brought to light even further as a legitimate argument, and hopefully, a basis for the new EA team to get their **** straight.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »