Home

No Customizable Camera Angles=No Sale

This is a discussion on No Customizable Camera Angles=No Sale within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
No Customizable Camera Angles=No Sale

Hi everyone;

i've been really frustrated in the last few years because of the fact that there's only 1 camera option. So if there's no user/customizable camera means no sale for me.

Can anyone confirm if there's user camera options for Madden or NCAA this year

thanks a bunch

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: No Customizable Camera Angles=No Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by horncats
Hi everyone;

i've been really frustrated in the last few years because of the fact that there's only 1 camera option. So if there's no user/customizable camera means no sale for me.

Can anyone confirm if there's user camera options for Madden or NCAA this year

thanks a bunch

Ian has said that NCAA will have them, or at least indicated as much when he said that the camera code is crappy and he would rather re-write it from scratch and that NCAA did just that.

So... NCAA should have them.

As far as Madden is concerned, he said that they are still on the list for Madden 10, but they are not sure if it will make it in time.

So... I'm with you when you say that no camera angles = no sale.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

if the game is great your going to buy it.. you wont not play it just because you cant move the camera around. dont lie to the people.

would be nice to have tho
Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
if the game is great your going to buy it.. you wont not play it just because you cant move the camera around. dont lie to the people.

would be nice to have tho
Oh I'm not lying. I'm 100% honest when I say that if I don't get the camera option(s) that I want then I won't play the game. I've said that from the very beginning. I will take a look at NCAA though, it seems to have the two things I want, Camera Angles and Dynasty mode... even though I'm not a college football fan, it might be enough to deliver the fix I'm looking for... probably rent it first.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Ian has said that NCAA will have them, or at least indicated as much when he said that the camera code is crappy and he would rather re-write it from scratch and that NCAA did just that.

So... NCAA should have them.

As far as Madden is concerned, he said that they are still on the list for Madden 10, but they are not sure if it will make it in time.

So... I'm with you when you say that no camera angles = no sale.
Incorrect inferrence there my friend...they did change their camera system but I didn't say anything about custom angles. You should try to get an answer from OMT or one of the other EA devs from NCAA on that issue...I don't want to go down as saying they have it if they don't (truth be told I don't know either way.

I'm interested in this topic though...look for a poll shortly.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 15

If the game is as good as Ian says it will be and has all the improvements that have been touted then why on earth would you not buy it because of camera angles??

I agree that multiple camera angles/custom camera is a long overdue feature but come on man, if it's not there this year, it's not there.

Why deny yourself a great game just because of one missing feature?

It's not a gamebreaker surely?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

If we can get customizable cameras that would be best case scenerio. That would completely rock as people would never have any issues with that department. If that isn't possible to have a system like NBA 2k9 would be right up there. Give us a choice of about 8 different views and you most likely will satisfy 90% of us.

Oh and I would by regardless of if that makes it in or not.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Incorrect inferrence there my friend...they did change their camera system but I didn't say anything about custom angles. You should try to get an answer from OMT or one of the other EA devs from NCAA on that issue...I don't want to go down as saying they have it if they don't (truth be told I don't know either way.

I'm interested in this topic though...look for a poll shortly.
You are right... i tried to word it in a way where it didn't come off as you confirming it but I failed. I wen tot their site about 5 min ago and noticed that whatever they implemented is not actually waht I was thinking... so we'll see.

But yes, I apologize, I did not mean to say that you confirmed it for them, it's just the conclusion I drew from what you said. My bad

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »