Home

Who is behind this?

This is a discussion on Who is behind this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Who is behind this?

I have been wanting this ask this ever since I've seen this commercial. Who is behind this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVh0n03DnjQ
Did Nike make this? People thought this is what next gen madden was gonna to be like. Why have the games sucked to bad when somebody from EA probably had something to do with this? I never want to see another commercial like that unless is it actually reproducible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Who is behind this?

The early efforts of next-gen Madden remind me of the days of Sega CD, where everybody got so wrapped up in a new technology (then: video & CD audio on disc; now: HD television) that nobody even bothered to ask how the use of that technology would be fun or functional as a GAME.

Even though we have 60fps on sports games across the board, the connection between control input and action on the screen is getting to be less and less. Every thing is so mo-cap and pre-canned animation heavy now, that I feel like I have to wait for the computer to make things happen, when I used to just press a button and watch a guy make a juke, or do the hit stick, or bull rush a lineman. A lot of these developers go so enamoured with making an HD game that they left the controls in the dust.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252
I have been wanting this ask this ever since I've seen this commercial. Who is behind this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVh0n03DnjQ
Did Nike make this? People thought this is what next gen madden was gonna to be like. Why have the games sucked to bad when somebody from EA probably had something to do with this? I never want to see another commercial like that unless is it actually reproducible.
did you finish high school yet ....?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
Rookie

So you think this was the original direction of Madden, but lost track some how?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
did you finish high school yet ....?
What you mean?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

What's IBTL?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I remember this lol I thought it was the new madden game lol. I was like MAN when they said next-gen they wasn't playing around lol. If EA can make the ATMOSPHERE feel like that in a later madden( to late this year) I will soil myself in red shorts in a gym and put it on youtube for there laughing pleasure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »