Home

Is anyone bothered by the Formation Sub Navigation?

This is a discussion on Is anyone bothered by the Formation Sub Navigation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Is anyone bothered by the Formation Sub Navigation?

Totally agree with the op in regards to the left/right/up/down navigation problem but my biggest annoyance was that i never knew who i was subbing out... i knew who was coming in but the only ID of the player being subbed out was his number... until you tried to reverse the sub and then you saw who you'd taken out in the list off players to bring in.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Totally agree with the op in regards to the left/right/up/down navigation problem but my biggest annoyance was that i never knew who i was subbing out... i knew who was coming in but the only ID of the player being subbed out was his number... until you tried to reverse the sub and then you saw who you'd taken out in the list off players to bring in.
Ah, someone that actually gets my initial gripe And you make a good point as well.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

yeah the navigation was off. however, they should add a button that allows you to set the subs back to default. oh, and bring back custom packages!!!! but this time include attribute specifications in it, for example: i create a package that puts a TE at WR1, but rather than putting the TE thats at the #2 spot in the depth chart i choose "highest route running, or fastest, or best hands, or best spectacular catch, etc.). and formation subs in the pause menu needs to return. ability to save depth charts/formation subs for online would be sweeet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 21

I like the new sub system better than having to pause, but it should be in both places.

I agree with the OP though, using UP and DN should be allowed.

Also, the formation description given to the defense (ie: 2WR 1TE 2RB) should accurately reflect the substitute player's position, like it does when you use a formation package.
...or, vice versa -- hah, I can't remember. I haven't played '09 in a while.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

Last edited by jvaccaro; 04-03-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: stupid memory
Old 04-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Stupid question.....But how is the formation subs done in Madden 09?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I believe there are two ways.
1. You push a button at the playcall screen to switch through different packages as you normaly would

2. This is the method I like a lot.. is that abov ethe playcall screen you have a picture of your formation... you can go that box and then navigate to whatever player you want to sub out, click on the player, and then pick his replacement. It works great, unfortuatnely you can only navigate using left and right, so if I'm on the QB and just want to replace the HB instead of pushing DOWN I have to hit left or right until I get to him... which is the main reason for my post.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #15
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I believe there are two ways.
1. You push a button at the playcall screen to switch through different packages as you normaly would

2. This is the method I like a lot.. is that abov ethe playcall screen you have a picture of your formation... you can go that box and then navigate to whatever player you want to sub out, click on the player, and then pick his replacement. It works great, unfortuatnely you can only navigate using left and right, so if I'm on the QB and just want to replace the HB instead of pushing DOWN I have to hit left or right until I get to him... which is the main reason for my post.
Thanks man...I'll try that later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
In the play call screen you press LB/L1 or RB/R1 to change your packages. For example: The Goalline formation hasa package titled "Patriot" wher your LOLB is in at TE and your MLB2 is at FB and your FB is at HB just like the Patriots do when they want to play action to Mike Vrable or mash it in with their FB comming rom the HB position. Also there is the Miami where I belive the DT is at FB adn the FB is at HB like when the Bucs placed Sapp at FB and Alstot at HB.

Some other good packages that people use are WR swap where your starting WRs swtich spots, HB swap where your HB and FB switch, Dual HB where your HB2 is in for your FB, and Dual HB Swap where your HB1 is at FB and your HB2 is at HB1. I hope this makes sence. For my 49ers I often use Dual HB becasue the 49ers don't havea true FB right now and Michael Robinson is often used at FB. [Robinson wasa Penn State QB and plays HB, FB, and Wildcat QB in the Pros. He is an all-purpose back that I think would get a lot of credit if the 49ers wern't so bad. He's a dimond inthe rough few people know about and his rating is low becasue of it.]

NEXT, in the play calling screen you can press Y/Triangle to do formation subs by swtiching players in an out. I will often have Take Spikes come in for my Nickle 3-3-5 as my ROLB like he played in Cincy and Buff. I will also place Lawson as my MLB2 in the Dollar pacakge which is like a 3-2-6 dime. [Lawson is a beast at 6'6" and 90 speed.]

I hope this all helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »