Home

hoping ncaa`s "defensive assist" is NOT in Madden 10

This is a discussion on hoping ncaa`s "defensive assist" is NOT in Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
hoping ncaa`s "defensive assist" is NOT in Madden 10

This feature sounds really stupid and once again it sounds like EA dumbing gameplay down for the "casual" gamer. I mean why even bother actually PLAYING the game? If you werent comfortable or confident in clcking on and taking control what was wrong with not clicking on and letting the cpu control the player? Will this defensive Assist be MORE Effective than CPU control? Will it be more effective than human control? Just sounds real gimmicky and once again dumbs down gameplay.

Looks like im NOT buying NCAA this year. Im REALLY hoping this isnt a Madden feature. Madden is based on the NFL and professional players. There is no "assist" button for an NFL player on Sunday. So i hope the Madden team stays true to their slogan this year. "If you see it on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL". What it should include is "If you dont see it on Sunday, you wont see it in Madden NFL either".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: hoping ncaa`s "defensive assist" is NOT in Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
This feature sounds really stupid and once again it sounds like EA dumbing gameplay down for the "casual" gamer. I mean why even bother actually PLAYING the game? If you werent comfortable or confident in clcking on and taking control what was wrong with not clicking on and letting the cpu control the player? Will this defensive Assist be MORE Effective than CPU control? Will it be more effective than human control? Just sounds real gimmicky and once again dumbs down gameplay.

Looks like im NOT buying NCAA this year. Im REALLY hoping this isnt a Madden feature. Madden is based on the NFL and professional players. There is no "assist" button for an NFL player on Sunday. So i hope the Madden team stays true to their slogan this year. "If you see it on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL". What it should include is "If you dont see it on Sunday, you wont see it in Madden NFL either".
Having played about a billion games of Fifa, which is where they got the idea, it's not the big of a deal. It just helps out. It's not automatic by any stretch of the imagination. It just smooths out a lot of the herky-jerks and takes you in a general direction toward the ball. And if it's tied to player attributes, only the best players will head off on a beeline toward the ball. You've still gotta make the play. And in Fifa it is quite possible to overrun the play if you use the button too much. We'll just have to see how well it's implemented.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Having played about a billion games of Fifa, which is where they got the idea, it's not the big of a deal. It just helps out. It's not automatic by any stretch of the imagination. It just smooths out a lot of the herky-jerks and takes you in a general direction toward the ball. And if it's tied to player attributes, only the best players will head off on a beeline toward the ball. You've still gotta make the play. And in Fifa it is quite possible to overrun the play if you use the button too much. We'll just have to see how well it's implemented.
If you play any FPS games (COD4) you will notice that aim-assist may be nice at first. However, after awhile it will become the bane of your existence.

I fear the same to be true of Defense Assist.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm playing Fifa right now,and you know what? I'm really liking this button more and more and hoping it's in both games. Why? Because Madden is too wide open and too many long plays happen due to just a guy having better sticks. In the NFL you do have assistance. All of the other guys on the field are as highly skilled as you. They automatically flow to the play based on their skill. Maddens AI leaves too many avenues to hop and juke through based on it's weaknesses. I would actually like to have the B off man help button, as well. That would cut down on much of the wide-open gameplay that isn't true the real sport. Then it would actually take more than 5 plays to cover 100 yards. The game is supposed to be going "sim" and that means less big plays and more long-driving, time-consuming, proper playcalling football. Just as long as it is implemented well and based on ratings, I say I like it.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 35

i dont think it will be but it would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 38

I think Ian said no thanks to the fluff
Old 04-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
I think Ian said no thanks to the fluff
And I agree with that vision
Old 04-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 12

Here, Ian comments about this

Player Lock In Madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »