Home

How important is a good Franchise mode to you?

This is a discussion on How important is a good Franchise mode to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How important is a better Franchise mode?
It is even more important than gameplay 46 20.72%
Aside from gameplay, it is the NUMBER ONE issue 143 64.41%
One of the most important things 23 10.36%
It is moderately important to me 3 1.35%
One of the least important things 2 0.90%
Not important at all 5 2.25%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: How important is a good Franchise mode to you?

Franchise mode on the last gen is what really got me hooked to Madden in the first place. It is the number one mode I play and it is vital to me that this mode gets improved. I only played 3 yrs of franchise in 09 because the incoming rookie classes felt so unreal to me. And I know there is only so much that can be done when a file is being transported from one game to another, but it was sad. The training for each game to boost up your player rating were either too easy or too hard. ex: It requiered Manny Lawson to hold the offense to under 1500 or so point with 15 reps to receive 7 points for a finesse move d-line (bc tackling and finesse go hand-and-hand)) on all madden. thats way to hard. I want training camp back. Basically everything from Madden 05 (radio, newspaper, owner mode, training camp, and the ability to create a stadium WITHOUT having to move your team)would restore the fire for me in franchise. Even though i voted "aside from gamply,..." this has to fixed. Make the draft feel like the draft as best as you guys can. I know you can do it. Either way tho, I am very happy with everything about the game so far....

Last edited by Big_Mig_11; 04-02-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
They also like to save the juicy info until closer to launch
All they have to say is "You will be really impressed with what we have done." I know that would sound like a hype machine but I just want to hear something.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

It decides whether or not I get a sports title or not... and I'm hoping madden makes it playable this year so I can purchase a football title this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Simple reply: It is even more important than gameplay.

I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Poor Franchise adn poor fantasy draft franchise has killed me these last few years and madden has been less and less fun. I have hardly even PLAYED the game in along time and just surff the boards becasue 09 isn't any fun.

P.S. I say played because I still use it to make videos or something.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I think a great franchise mode is the single most important thing next to gameplay. It's very important to me, the franchise mode is the reason why I don't play Madden 09. It's just horrible.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I think a great franchise mode is the single most important thing next to gameplay. It's very important to me, the franchise mode is the reason why I don't play Madden 09. It's just horrible.
^^^^YEP
Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 26

Head Coach gameplay was maybe the most horrible thing ive ever seen in my life(no offense intended) but I stopped playing it because of how broken it was with the 08 system. That being said I played all the draft paths several times all 15 years just simming the seasons cz it was downright amazing how awesome the off-season was. Franchise first then gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 19

Franchise is the most important! I won't buy Madden unless franchise is improved significantly. I don't want it to be similar to last gen because that is "last gen". This years franchise should make us Madden gamers say "WOW...this is Next gen stuff."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »