Home

How important is a good Franchise mode to you?

This is a discussion on How important is a good Franchise mode to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How important is a better Franchise mode?
It is even more important than gameplay 46 20.72%
Aside from gameplay, it is the NUMBER ONE issue 143 64.41%
One of the most important things 23 10.36%
It is moderately important to me 3 1.35%
One of the least important things 2 0.90%
Not important at all 5 2.25%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #25
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: How important is a good Franchise mode to you?

Franchise mode is huge to me.

After hoping to see much improved overall game play outta Madden '10'...then it's on to hoping franchise mode has gotten it's due.

I certainly want a lot more depth to this mode, but it must also make sense. The cpu controlled depth, draft, stats, trades, progression must be believable...or franchise mode well....sucks. I can kind of understand to a point, how NCAA's franchise mode could be a mess. With the cpu AI having to manage 119 teams. But with Madden at 31...88 less teams. Hopefully Ian & Co can straighten out this snoozeville we/they have been left with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7

I want to say franchise is most important to me, but without solid, impressive gameplay, a franchise with even all the bells and whistles would be built on an unstable base. I know it was just a question asking folks to prioritize stuff, but features like gameplay and franchise shouldn't be mutually exclusive... ever. They go hand in hand.

I realize for a lot of people Madden is still that game a lot of us played against our best friends when were 12. I had an old crappy TV that was set off to the side of the living room at my grandma's house and my pal and I would square off all time, me usually winning. I loved it. I didn't even think about franchise. That was 20 years ago! We should have the best of both worlds right now. 20 years of making a football game should have facilitated some sort of dreamlike phantasm of a football game. Instead, we are clamoring for major details like being able to trade for future draft picks and having an honest-to-goodness pocket to throw from. We should be making wishlists of nothing but gravy, but we can't even get the biscuits yet.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #27
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

It's the only thing i play. As a 36 year old married dude with 2 kids i have no desire to play online, never have. I want to sit down for 20 minutes or an hour and play a franchise game or play with my rodter or off-season.

Only reason i buy a sports game is for a good franchise mode with challenging gameplay versus CPU.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 20

Without solid improvements to the franchise mode I won't buy '10. With franchise improvements alone, I might, and if there are solid franchise improvements and when I rent it the gameplay is good then I will for sure buy it.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #29
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Franchise?? for me it's the "bread and butter" of a sports game.
If the franchise is bare bones (as Madden has been) I have no urge to play the game.

I know that I said I would be an "early adopter" in helping with the sliders this year (with a few cats on here) but I'm not buying a $60 "test game" to just sit and play multiple "play now" games in order to get the sliders decent.

There HAS to be a "draw" for this years game,and IF franchise mode still isn't up to snuff,I very may well just pass.

As was mentioned earlier...online isn't an option for me,and even if it were...I just don't have the desire to play online anymore.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 14

I just don't understand how people can just pick up and play a game of football. To me it has to be franchise or nothing, there needs to be some reward for winning a game; in franchise it's one step closer to the playoffs, and stats are tracked, etc.

Like Pacman posted in another thread, we want to be challenged. I started the "95 million reasons to fix the salary cap" thread, which thankfully Donny replied and stated having 95m extra in the cap will be fixed which will make it more challenging with a tighter cap.

I don't want to click on a player and just hit accept anymore, I want to have to look at the contract, negotiate the type of contract, and come to some sort of agreement with the player.

nfl2k5 did this perfectly. If only the draft wasn't messed up I'd still be playing 2k5 franchise.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
If the franchise is bare bones (as Madden has been) I have no urge to play the game.
The worst part is madden hasn't even been able to get a bare bones franchise right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 02:01 AM   #32
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
It's the only thing i play. As a 36 year old married dude with 2 kids i have no desire to play online, never have. I want to sit down for 20 minutes or an hour and play a franchise game or play with my rodter or off-season.

Only reason i buy a sports game is for a good franchise mode with challenging gameplay versus CPU.
Sounds like me dude....I mean I'm not 36, but that's how I enjoy my Madden games. Without a solid and fun Franchise mode, Madden is worthless to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »