Home

How important is a good Franchise mode to you?

This is a discussion on How important is a good Franchise mode to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How important is a better Franchise mode?
It is even more important than gameplay 46 20.72%
Aside from gameplay, it is the NUMBER ONE issue 143 64.41%
One of the most important things 23 10.36%
It is moderately important to me 3 1.35%
One of the least important things 2 0.90%
Not important at all 5 2.25%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: How important is a good Franchise mode to you?

Franchise = Life
Old 04-03-2009, 04:16 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

It literally is the ONLY mode I play. Ever since franchise was implemented into Madden, I've not selected another mode, not even to try it out. That campus legend/superstar, I couldn't tell you the first thing about that, its like it doesn't even exist on my menu screen.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:17 AM   #35
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Franchise mode is the essence of Madden. One thing's for sure, if this year's franchise mode is anything like last year, this will be the first year I won't buy a Madden game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 04:32 AM   #36
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Number 2 behind gameplay.Really tried ignore how bad franchise was last year. But it killed the game in record time for me. It was cool playing some of the guys online, but my gaming lifesyle is such that I need a really strong single player experience. 09 didn't do it... That said, I'm not really sweating this issue. I really feel the HC wonderkids have this issue well in hand!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 10

44 here. Been playing Madden since it's inception. Franchise is the ONLY mode I play. No online, no Superstar(I think that's what it is called?), perhaps ONE Exhibition game after purchase...actually, rental the past couple years.

This is what I normally do after getting the game:
1. Change the options/sliders to what I think will be best
2. Play one exhibition game
3. Edit the big name players who have Revolution helmets/facemasks...I hate those things
4. Start playing FRANCHISE via Fantasy Draft. And that's all I play from then on out. Franchise Franchise.

The last Franchise that was 1/2way fun to play on was Madden 08 Xbox...not 360 mind you. But even then, the CPU controlled teams didn't do squat when it came to trades, putting guys on IR, picking up FA's normally, etc...

I also am hoping that the Head Coach guys get as much of that game into Madden this year as possible. Head Coach off season is absolutely phenomenal (the Madden 08 actual gameplay we have to watch is a car wreck, though). Based on what Iain has shared with us so far regarding gameplay improvements, sliders, and other game options, IF the Franchise is along the lines of Head Coach this year, and the PRESENTATION (another topic for another day I suppose) is improved....I really do believe this will be the year Madden finally arrives on the 360 / PS3.

If Franchise sucks again, I'm out for good at this point. They've had too many chances to get it right.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 29

I am rather surprised that none of the Devs have jumped in here yet.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

i voted "not at all" because if its not online then i wouldn't play it, or even browse through it to check it out. I can see why others like it, and can see why they'd want improvments... but after playing online franchise i cant go back to play offline against 31 user controlled teams and going 16-0 every year
Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I am rather surprised that none of the Devs have jumped in here yet.
Well, maybe the upgraded Franchise is one of the "big deal" things for later in the ad cycle?

If not, then someone should have made this thread a few months ago...

Presently the poll data is overwhelmingly in favor of Franchise being either number one or number two behind gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »