Home

How important is a good Franchise mode to you?

This is a discussion on How important is a good Franchise mode to you? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: How important is a better Franchise mode?
It is even more important than gameplay 46 20.72%
Aside from gameplay, it is the NUMBER ONE issue 143 64.41%
One of the most important things 23 10.36%
It is moderately important to me 3 1.35%
One of the least important things 2 0.90%
Not important at all 5 2.25%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How important is a good Franchise mode to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodizzy
I want to say franchise is most important to me, but without solid, impressive gameplay, a franchise with even all the bells and whistles would be built on an unstable base. I know it was just a question asking folks to prioritize stuff, but features like gameplay and franchise shouldn't be mutually exclusive... ever. They go hand in hand.

I realize for a lot of people Madden is still that game a lot of us played against our best friends when were 12. I had an old crappy TV that was set off to the side of the living room at my grandma's house and my pal and I would square off all time, me usually winning. I loved it. I didn't even think about franchise. That was 20 years ago! We should have the best of both worlds right now. 20 years of making a football game should have facilitated some sort of dreamlike phantasm of a football game. Instead, we are clamoring for major details like being able to trade for future draft picks and having an honest-to-goodness pocket to throw from. We should be making wishlists of nothing but gravy, but we can't even get the biscuits yet.

Ditto.
Good point.
Could not agree more.

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by l NErd l

Ditto.
Good point.
Could not agree more.
I agree... just more than you.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #51
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

How important is franchise to me? put it this way, the only reason I didn't buy AP2K8 was that there was no franchise mode.

I think a foundation of a good franchise mode is built on:
-Good draft logic
-CPU to CPU team trades

Without these two free agency is really the only way teams are built.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgc201
I've played just about every football video game ever made and I never had the desire to even try a franchise. I just sounds zzzz to me. But I know there are a lot who love it so I hope they make it great for you guys.
No offense to you at all, but i found it Hillarious coming from a Lions guy....he doest care for Franchise, why would you when you support the lions??? id be zzzzzz watching a game and listening to matt millen hahahaha
Old 04-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
No offense to you at all, but i found it Hillarious coming from a Lions guy....he doest care for Franchise, why would you when you support the lions??? id be zzzzzz watching a game and listening to matt millen hahahaha
ouch. Isn't bad enough his team did not win a SINGLE game this year? No need to pick on Lions' fans. I know you meant no harm. They been through too much IMO
Old 04-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 35

I dont play online so a deep immersive franchise mode is really important to me
Old 04-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

Same here. I dont play online so the franchise has to be tight. If it sucks....the game sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #56
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Franchise is essential to me. I just personally find it a lot more rewarding than playing against a friend because you're building a team. And the reward of victory for the many hours you put in is always satisfying.

Franchise mode needs two things for success:

1) It needs to be challenging
2) It (the mode) needs to feel alive.

The challenge comes from both the gamer and the CPU. I need a challenge in being able to build a team. It needs to be harder to manage the salary cap. Tougher to get key free agents. And less easy for top prospects to fall into later rounds.

For that to happen, the CPU has to be on top of its game. No more releasing Peyton Manning when he's in his early 30's. No more trading for a running back when the CPU controlled team already has two rated in the low 90's. No more selecting three quarterbacks in one draft class, or selecting a QB in round one when you have Tom Brady.

As far as feeling alive...I need to feel like I'm in a league, not in isolation. I need to see trades happening. I need to see a running back get hurt in week 2 for the Jets, and have them sign a replacement via free agency before week 3. I need to see the press covering my team--via newspapers or radio like in previous years. I need to see players bickering with their respective teams on everything from their contracts, to their playing time, or simply respect. I need to be able to KNOW what's going on in the league I play in--therefore some sort of highlight show or weekly wrap up program would greatly help, especially when you start to get into year 7, 8, 9 in franchise, and the league starts to become faceless due to incoming rookies and outgoing, well known (and real) veterans.

If they can accomplish these two things, in my opinion, you have a franchise mode that has immense replay value.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »