Home

Old 04-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #97
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Madden team - behind the scenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Agreed. I got more out of this thread than from last week's blog. No offense to Ian, but last week's blog was kinda boring.

I enjoyed it. I love the slider blog because sliders are realy what make a game great. You can turn a game like NBA live into something comparable to NBA 2K9 just with sliders.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:58 AM   #98
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Agreed. I got more out of this thread than from last week's blog. No offense to Ian, but last week's blog was kinda boring.
I'd like to know when people decided Ian Cummings was supposed to be Tom Clancy:P

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:17 AM   #99
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Ian Cummings has redefined the postition.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:23 AM   #100
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'd like to know when people decided Ian Cummings was supposed to be Tom Clancy:P
Boring in terms of the content in the blog...Not his delivery or writing ability...I didn't really care much about settings and options, at least not in a blog.:P
Old 04-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #101
Banned

OVR: 19

I actually found the last blog to be quite interesting. A lot of people will be pleasantly surprised when they realize how much control we have over the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 05:29 AM   #102
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Much better work from the detail freaks of OS...now I'm pleased.

Yes, tipped passes just went in recently - more specifically at the line - and they make a MAJOR difference to suspense. SO much fun when they happen...and they are really rare right now too so it's one hell of an awesome occurrence.

The other stuff explained...

- QB Sneak Hackin' = Fixing the effectiveness of the QB sneak
- Crowd Animations = Try to make the crowd not so busy...tie it back into audio better so they sit, stand, and cheer appropriately
- Juke to Juke = Make sure the ballcarrier has to actually take prep steps (use momentum) if you try a juke-to-juke animation with the right stick
- Spin Steering = Get rid of the un-natural spin steering from 09 where you can basically 'un-spin' a spin and go the total opposite direction
- Camera Flashes = Tune down camera flashes with Mike

The stuff in green on the right is about in-game stat banners...you can't see that though.
QB sneak makes more sense that "AS sneak hack"... haha.

Love all the random info ian... THANKS

ps. @gaither- nothing wrong with a man-crush buddy... Ian is cute, in a frat boy, soccer playing, cargo shorts wearing kinda way... just be prepared to have your heart broken, i hear he's married... they always go back to their partners in the end or they would have married you.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
The stuff in green on the right is about in-game stat banners...you can't see that though.
I remember Donny reffering to these improved stat banners as killer. Can't wait to see what a "killer" stat banner looks like!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #104
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
ALL the classics my friend.

Tecmo Bowl / Super Tecmo Bowl
Baseball Stars
Battletoads
Contra
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
...to name a few...
nice. After seeing your collection of Nintendo games, I went and fired up my old NES and played Super Tecmo Bowl. I think you should borrow a few things from that game, most notably, the player running out of the hospital with nurses, doctors, and patients waving goodbye to him....lol

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »