Home

Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

This is a discussion on Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but procedural awareness basically forces a player to locate the ball before making a play on it. Receivers, TEs, DBs all have to locate the ball before catching it or attempting to make a play on it, But what about the QB?

Will the QB have to look at a WR before he throws it ? If so, how will the user tell where the QB is looking. It will be impossible to scan the field and at the same time look down at the QB's helmet to discern which receiver his looking at.

Will a passing icon under receivers be enlarged or highlighted when the QB is looking at them ?

I don't see how you can require WRs, TEs, DBs, and LBs to locate the ball before making a play on it, but let the QB throw to people he's not looking at.

I don't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

they need that cone back!!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

This also playing into pump faking. I mentioned in another post that pump faking as it is now is completely non-sim. A QB pump fakes by looking at a defender or a specific WR, but as it stands right now we can't do that in Madden yet the pump fake still exists.

How does the game decide what defender is actually impacted by a pump fake?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
they need that cone back!!
No, they don't.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
No, they don't.
Agreed, stupidest addition to this franchise, and im not saying that because it was hard, more so just because it was stupid, maybe if we had superb line play it would be possible to get a pass off and look at 3 recievers in a play, but not in the previous maddens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Agreed, stupidest addition to this franchise, and im not saying that because it was hard, more so just because it was stupid, maybe if we had superb line play it would be possible to get a pass off and look at 3 recievers in a play, but not in the previous maddens.
so you're saying you like the way it looks when a QB whips around and throws a strike to a guy that he couldn't have possibly seen?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
Correct me if I'm wrong, but procedural awareness basically forces a player to locate the ball before making a play on it. Receivers, TEs, DBs all have to locate the ball before catching it or attempting to make a play on it, But what about the QB?

Will the QB have to look at a WR before he throws it ? If so, how will the user tell where the QB is looking. It will be impossible to scan the field and at the same time look down at the QB's helmet to discern which receiver his looking at.

Will a passing icon under receivers be enlarged or highlighted when the QB is looking at them ?

I don't see how you can require WRs, TEs, DBs, and LBs to locate the ball before making a play on it, but let the QB throw to people he's not looking at.

I don't get it.

I was a fan of the cone in 06'. I just don't see this being done with out something close to the cone.........
I was thinking the same thing you were thinking.
I wonder how this is going to play out?
I also don't know why this is not a HUGE concern for most people?

People are like "hmmmm whatever, I just like to press A button and turn my own human head and have them in my vision, that works fine for me!!!"
"Yay easy touchdown!!!"

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?

Last edited by l NErd l; 04-01-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGt7I...eature=channel

PLEASE pause that video at 50 seconds....look closely at where the QB is looking and then look at where the ball goes...and justify it....anyone.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »