Home
View Poll Results: How important is user catching to you?
Extremely important. 22 30.56%
I use it sometimes. 26 36.11%
Not important to me. 19 26.39%
You can user catch? 5 6.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: User Catching in Madden 10 & Co-op play

Co-op play needs to be worked on. I agree. We should be able to play online/offline co-op (thats 2+ players on the same team when facing the CPU). Right now you can only play co-op online if you have 3 or more players. Makes no sense.

Also co-op play needs to be revised to allow both players on the same team to take control of the QB (at the playcalling screen) on a play by play basis. This is how 2K5 did it and it kept my friend and i engaged in teammate play because we alternated QB duties with EACH PLAY. In my opinion there is nothing more boring than being relegated to WR or RB for an entire game on the odd chance you get a ball thrown your way.

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 04-03-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 35

I use it on deep throws, and its horrible, i think its broken.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #19
8/11/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
If there is no user catching, you may as well make it a text based game.

We play the game on sticks, it should make sense that stick skill + timing will give your receiver/defender the best CHANCE to catch the ball.
If, however, the laws of physics/ratings don't apply when the User is controlling a player, then we might as well be playing NBA Jam, or even Street Fighter, because its ceases to be about execution of football plays, and becomes a contest of stick wiggling and memorizing button combos.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

If user catching was like that in Madden, I'm sure there would not be many complaints. But the crazy rocket catching and jet packing is not something fun to deal with.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
I use it on deep throws, and its horrible, i think its broken.
In Madden? Not if you know how to "make it rain."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
And please for the love of pete, get rid of the rocket catch once and for all. Only Randy Moss or a big receiver with hops should ever be able to go up like that for the ball. If you try with a 6'0 or under guy who doesn't have big ups they should go into a flailing 1 handed attempt where maybe they'll be able to tip the ball up and possibly come down with it. The premium should be on the QB to put it on the numbers.
Don't necessarily agree with the latter part of your point, but I do agree with getting rid of the rocket catching. But,

Both Clayton and Mason are not even 6'0 but in these pics, they boxed out the defenders and fought for the football. Clayton caught his, Mason came up short. I think what they need to do is change the passing mechanic. On the Clayton pass the ball is underthrown so he fights to get in position coming back too it. But he could not turn on a dime he had to pivot and come back. On the Mason pass, he mistimed the jump and it caused him to drop it.

With all receivers, your success should depend on what type of pass you made, under/over throw and what type of control you have over the WR at the time and the ratings. If you cannot turn on a dime then you cannot have full control of the guy. Some elite guys should make catches when you are not in complete control, but not always. Some guys should not make catches at all unless you are in complete control. They gotta get rid of the rocket catching and jetpacking. Control is the key here. But control needs to be situated within parameters of physics.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-03-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #23
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Don't necessarily agree with the latter part of your point, but I do agree with getting rid of the rocket catching. But,

Both Clayton and Mason are not even 6'0 but in these pics, they boxed out the defenders and fought for the football. Clayton caught his, Mason came up short. I think what they need to do is change the passing mechanic. On the Clayton pass the ball is underthrown so he fights to get in position coming back too it. But he could not turn on a dime he had to pivot and come back. On the Mason pass, he mistimed the jump and it caused him to drop it.

With all receivers, your success should depend on what type of pass you made, under/over throw and what type of control you have over the WR at the time and the ratings. If you cannot turn on a dime then you cannot have full control of the guy. Some elite guys should make catches when you are not in complete control, but not always. Some guys should not make catches at all unless you are in complete control. They gotta get rid of the rocket catching and jetpacking. Control is the key here. But control needs to be situated within parameters of physics.
I agree with everything you said. Well put. I was just getting at a players ratings should really determine what animations are available to them.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I agree with everything you said. Well put. I was just getting at a players ratings should really determine what animations are available to them.
Gotcha and agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »