Home

Your Priority Addition

This is a discussion on Your Priority Addition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What is your priority addition?
Massive Franchise Overhaul - Includes draft, free agency, etc. are fixed & on par with HC 44 47.31%
Kicking Change - Completey new system, one that actually takes into account weather/ratings/etc. 0 0%
Presentation - Pre/Halftime/Post game shows, better commentary, cutscenes, the whole 9 yards. 18 19.35%
OL/DL Interaction - The most important component would finally have a significant impact. 10 10.75%
Huge A.I. Improvement - CPU reacts realistically, plays smart & to their strengths 9 9.68%
Equipment Upgrade - All new helmets, cleats, sock styles, warmers, etc. included. 3 3.23%
General Gameplay Improvement - Crowd Noise, game atmosphere, interactive side lines, random items fixed. 9 9.68%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Your Priority Addition

So far, this poll correlates with the one below:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mode-you.html

Franchise is tops.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #18
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
So far, this poll correlates with the one below:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mode-you.html

Franchise is tops.
I'm not at all surprised by this. Madden fans have always been huge franchise fans. It seems like the 2k fans are more concerned with gameplay, A.I., and presentation. Not a jab at anyone, just something I noticed over the years.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgc201
I'm not at all surprised by this. Madden fans have always been huge franchise fans. It seems like the 2k fans are more concerned with gameplay, A.I., and presentation. Not a jab at anyone, just something I noticed over the years.
Well, I am a 2k fan as well as a Madden fan, and franchise is still the most important thing to me.

One advantage with 2K's franchise (2k5) is that you could edit both the rosters AND the league. So I was able to recreate some past seasons with both the rosters AND something close to the old divisions. I, being a niner fan, was even able to recreate nearly identical schedules for the 49ers for given past seasons (1994, 1996, 1997, etc... this... took some effort on my part... yeah, lame... but it shows how great the option was!).

So I think franchise is important regardless. Until all pro 2k8 came out without a franchise, I am willing to bet that the "only" 2k fans were pretty serious about it too... but with all pro not having a franchise, the apologists had to modify how they felt or how they claimed they felt to keep in line with their argument that 2k was the best.. just MHO, of course...

Last edited by 94niners; 04-03-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #20
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Man, I hope Ian doesn't take this poll to heart because it was WAY to hard to pick just one (Picked Franchise) but o boi is presentation right up there, And then on top of that u had crowd noise as a seperate option...
Old 04-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
wheres online franchise
Yea I should have made custom cameras & online franchise separate. I would categorize OL Franchise under the franchise choice since i cant add another category. my bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 15

Great poll.

So very difficult to chose just one of those. I went for franchise but, as a previous poster quite rightly said, what's the point of a great franchise without much better AI?

They are ALL so important and they all help/compliment eachother. OL/DL improvement helps gameplay, gameplay makes franchise playable, presentation makes you want to play the game one more time and better AI keeps you interested and on your toes and so on and so forth.

Great poll.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #23
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

I went with equipment upgrades. Why you ask? Honestly I think they are or have been working to fix all of the other stuff (besides kicking) they just haven't mentioned it yet. They still have 4 months of blogs and updates to release us new info and the later it gets the bigger the info will be. I think OL/DL, Franchise, and Presentation will be getting major love we just haven't heard much about it yet.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

Good post.
OL/DL was my vote. It was close though.
I can give a damn about some half-time show or the crowd.
Game-play is the most important to me.......

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »