Home
View Poll Results: What is your priority addition?
Massive Franchise Overhaul - Includes draft, free agency, etc. are fixed & on par with HC 44 47.31%
Kicking Change - Completey new system, one that actually takes into account weather/ratings/etc. 0 0%
Presentation - Pre/Halftime/Post game shows, better commentary, cutscenes, the whole 9 yards. 18 19.35%
OL/DL Interaction - The most important component would finally have a significant impact. 10 10.75%
Huge A.I. Improvement - CPU reacts realistically, plays smart & to their strengths 9 9.68%
Equipment Upgrade - All new helmets, cleats, sock styles, warmers, etc. included. 3 3.23%
General Gameplay Improvement - Crowd Noise, game atmosphere, interactive side lines, random items fixed. 9 9.68%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #25
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Your Priority Addition

they all were really good choices but if it came down to one I would say franchise. That is the reason I stopped playing this year. Franchise was very lame and even though the game wasn't that great I still would have played with a good franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #26
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

It's sad how little people value A.I. in this game.

You can run the same 3-4 plays for an entire game and destroy the CPU, but I'm supposed to be thrilled that the broadcasters and camera work is great?

Great gameplay with bad presentation gets stale after 100's of games played.
Bad gameplay with great presentation gets sold back to Gamestop within weeks.

Having said that, Franchise is the bread and butter of the Madden series. It should garner the most votes since it is the key to long-term playability.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
1. Franchise
2. Presentation
3. AI
4. Gameplay
5. OL/DL
6. Equipment
7. Kicking
I feel the same in that order, if the general gameplay is the same as described in the poll (fans, noise, sidelines).
Old 04-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
There can only be one top priority.
Oh! Well than Game play, Madden has crap on field gameplay.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #29
Banned

I say Presentation followed by Franchise.

If those 2 were as they were back in Madden 2005, it wouldn't be 4 yrs since the last time i played through a full season in Madden. The way it is now is as tho we've regressed to pre Madden 2001. Thats just sad. People talk about how NFL 2K5 is better than the last 4 Maddens, and they're right, but id go as far as saying that EA's own, Madden 2001-2005 is better than whats been given to use the last 4 yrs, on hardware that is far more powerful.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #30
Pro

For me, definately franchise (as similar to Head Coach as possible), but in order for franchise to be better and more immersive, presentation has be stepped up- so they kind of go hand and hand.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #31
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I picked AI improvement.

As a franchise player only, yes all the other choices are important too. But if the cpu is no fun to play because of poor AI, all those other choices won't mean much to me. Because chances are...like now...I won't be playing the game very often.

In my opinion, solid AI is the foundation of any sports game. If that foundation is flawed...no matter how much depth you add on top of flawed AI, the game just falls over.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »