Home

Back To The Future: Got Madden '05 on PS2 for $5, it's better than '09.

This is a discussion on Back To The Future: Got Madden '05 on PS2 for $5, it's better than '09. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #49
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Back To The Future: Got Madden '05 on PS2 for $5, it's better than '09.

For the time, 05 was a great Madden, and probably the best relative to its release date.

But I'm confused when people claim it as the best to this date. What does it have that 08 PS2/Xbox/PC doesn't?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:08 AM   #50
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Madden 05 on ps2 is not the same game as Madden 08 on ps2. They are VERY similar, but not the same.

For me, the game speed feels incredibly slow, that is the number one reason I don't like it. There are plenty of other things but that was the deal breaker.

There are things in 08 that I wish were in 05, but for me the positives of 05 far outweigh the features that were implemented in later versions.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #51
Nza
MVP

Fair enough then. I come from the PC where the game has pretty much looked and felt the same since 05, so 08 is the obvious winner as it has (a few) more features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 01:55 AM   #52
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Fair enough then. I come from the PC where the game has pretty much looked and felt the same since 05, so 08 is the obvious winner as it has (a few) more features.
I can see where you are coming from. With all the customization of the PC version of Madden 08 that I've heard about, I think I would prefer it as well. But I have an aging laptop that I don't think could run it.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:36 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 1

05 was great, but i like always, look to the future and just hope 10 is great... im thinking about hangin up 09 tho, too much glitchy **** goin on with it...
Old 04-07-2009, 04:57 AM   #54
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

also USER DEFINED camera is sick... i made a view that's low, similar to zoom but lower a little about what would be the qb line of sight and i am having fun.

I hated the gods eye view " madden or classic" where its possible to make plays all game because you have an advantagous edge. on this new view plays take some new skill. you have to hit a guy early and guage who is open better.

also personally gives me an on the field feel to the game
Old 06-11-2014, 03:09 AM   #55
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

I dug this up to make a point.

Ten years after madden 2005, EA is still not listening. We get the same old crappy game they gave us at the changeover to PS3 in 2006, just with prettier player models. Why? Because 2006 was the beginning of the "exclusive license" era and the end of market competition.

IF YOU ARE SIM, EA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

EA is in the business of selling pretty looking games that barely function to 8 year olds who know nothing of the sport. That is their bread and butter and it has not changed in the last 10 years.

This philosophy, called "pickup and play" has killed this game. Killed it deader than hell. It looks arcade, plays arcade, and because of the exclusive license will have no significant challengers.

THIS GAME WILL SUCK

You know how I know? Because the ENTIRE PS3/Xbox360 generation of games sucked. Read the Original Post of this thread. None of those great PS2 features ever made it to last gen. And they won't make it to this one either.

I'm not a malcontent. Read my threads and posts, I tried like hell to get EA to make some of these changes when I had their ear. But the bottom line is that EA corporate (not the dev team) is calling the shots. They want pretty player models and could give a damn about the sim part of the game. They are afraid that if they give us a sim game that kids won't be able to pick it up and throw TDs five minutes after ripping off the plastic wrapper.

WE NEED ANOTHER GAME

EA will never relinquish the exclusive license. So my new mission is this: Madden Strategic. A purely sim game, with last gen graphics so that all that next gen power can be put into proper physics and strategic AI. I will do all I can, up to and including raising money for the project myself.

EA has produced multiple games before, so there is precedent here. But sim is dead for standard madden, and it's never coming back. A separate game that's strictly for sim players is our only hope of getting back to the 2005 quality Madden experience.

Last edited by shotgun styles; 06-11-2014 at 03:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #56
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

No reason to bump a five-year-old thread, much less double-post.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »