Home

Help with my PS3!

This is a discussion on Help with my PS3! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Help with my PS3!

Earlier today I had turned on my PS3 to play Madden 09 but when I went to plug in the three cords into the tv (the yellow, white, and red ones for picture and audio; I forgot what they were called) a strange buzzing sound, almost like the sound I got when my gamecube always froze with Madden 08, went off and my tv picture became slightly blurry. I had SportsCenter on at the time and when I began playing Madden 09, I was able to play the game without any issues but that buzzing sound was always in the background.

I thought that maybe this was a problem with my tv, so I plugged my PS3 into a different television but I keep having the problem. I tried COD 5 and GTA 4 but all those games have the buzzing sound, so I assume it's a problem with the PlayStation.

I went online to Sony but found no solution to the problem. I know it's not overheating because I hadn't played in a few weeks but it may be dusty or something. Do any of you guys know what I'm talking about or how to go about solving the problem? I would be extremely relieved.

EDIT: I know it's not that relevant to the Madden forum, but it did happen with M09 inserted into the system and I'm hoping that someone on here knows what's going on with the system.

Last edited by lightning_78; 04-03-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Help with my PS3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_78
Earlier today I had turned on my PS3 to play Madden 09 but when I went to plug in the three cords into the tv (the yellow, white, and red ones for picture and audio; I forgot what they were called) a strange buzzing sound, almost like the sound I got when my gamecube always froze with Madden 08, went off and my tv picture became slightly blurry. I had SportsCenter on at the time and when I began playing Madden 09, I was able to play the game without any issues but that buzzing sound was always in the background.

I thought that maybe this was a problem with my tv, so I plugged my PS3 into a different television but I keep having the problem. I tried COD 5 and GTA 4 but all those games have the buzzing sound, so I assume it's a problem with the PlayStation.

I went online to Sony but found no solution to the problem. I know it's not overheating because I hadn't played in a few weeks but it may be dusty or something. Do any of you guys know what I'm talking about or how to go about solving the problem? I would be extremely relieved.

EDIT: I know it's not that relevant to the Madden forum, but it did happen with M09 inserted into the system and I'm hoping that someone on here knows what's going on with the system.
Could be your cable.... do you have a PS2? They use the same connector... swap it out and see if it's fixed.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Could be your cable.... do you have a PS2? They use the same connector... swap it out and see if it's fixed.
No I only have a PS3. I'll probably just borrow a friend's connector and see if that works. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

If you have an HDMI input I would recommend investing in a HDMI cord.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_78
No I only have a PS3. I'll probably just borrow a friend's connector and see if that works. Thanks.
Yeah, that's the first thing I'd try.... gl!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
If you have an HDMI input I would recommend investing in a HDMI cord.
If he's using the Yellow, White and Red cables, I assume he doesn't have a HDTV... unless he meant the Red, Blue, Green cables?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Rookie

No I just have a standard television unfortunately.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 35

Are you sure you connected everything right? The Xbox will make a buzzing noise if you dont.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »