Home

Wildcat Formation in Madden 10....

This is a discussion on Wildcat Formation in Madden 10.... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Wildcat Formation in Madden 10....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
Honestly I have been able to stop a lot of cheezers on Madden 09 if they use rocket catch use it right back with your corner...its that easy....if they use one exploit play all the time find the plays kryptonite I played one guy especially that used 2 different plays one of them 80-85% of the time and I played him two times then I went into practice mode with his team and found the play....he hasn't scored on me since...we've played 2 or 3 games since then..now he won't even play me because he knows his Cheeze won't wok against me...
So if you spent enough time finding out what plays in Wildcat are used a lot or are most successfull then find that particular plays Kryptonite...
Beating "cheese" tactics is never the issue...it is always possible to counter that kind of crap gameplay, the point is that its simply no fun after a while. 9 times out of 10, you stop somebody from doing the same stupid **** and they either accuse you of cheating and quit or they just quit outright...

If I wanted to play against someone running the exact same 2 or 3 plays every down, I would set up two controllers and go to town with it!

It will always be this way though...even if NFL 10 does turn out to be the sim-style game it is being hyped as, there will be a ton of online jokers who run no-huddle on every play (even incomplete passes), go for it on 4th and 20 from their own 15, and run an offense of 2-3 plays total. That is just the reality of the situation...finding players of a similar mindset and sticking with them for online games is a flat out must and always will be...
Old 04-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Beating "cheese" tactics is never the issue...it is always possible to counter that kind of crap gameplay, the point is that its simply no fun after a while. 9 times out of 10, you stop somebody from doing the same stupid **** and they either accuse you of cheating and quit or they just quit outright...

If I wanted to play against someone running the exact same 2 or 3 plays every down, I would set up two controllers and go to town with it!

It will always be this way though...even if NFL 10 does turn out to be the sim-style game it is being hyped as, there will be a ton of online jokers who run no-huddle on every play (even incomplete passes), go for it on 4th and 20 from their own 15, and run an offense of 2-3 plays total. That is just the reality of the situation...finding players of a similar mindset and sticking with them for online games is a flat out must and always will be...
Well I find it refreshing when a cheezer thinks they can beat you and you can stop their cheeze then it shows how mediocre they really are... Well I run no-huddle a lot, that isn't cheezing I play as the Colts and the Colts do that quite a bit, of course I don't do it on every play but I do use it a lot....I do enjoy games that are more realistic of course but I like to play the occasional cheezer and show them they don't really have any skill...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

Once again I don't think it is a matter of limiting who you can put in a position so much as a matter of making those ratings actually matter and fixing the gameplay AI that allows these plays to work.

If someone puts a guy like DRC at QB a few things should happen. One, you should see that it is a DB playing QB so if he is going to throw the ball he will have to give it off to someone else first or risk throwing a terribly inaccurate pass. A player with an extremely low pass ACC rating should probably have a target area like shown in one of the first blogs that is like 3 or 4 times the size of an average QB. Also, if his pass accuracy is low like it should be that should have a real effect on both the possible distance he can throw and on the ball speed. This has been adjusted as discussed in I think the "sim gameplay" blog.

Ok, you already know DRC shouldn't be throwing then so next the possible runs and reverses. This is a matter of defenders actually playing gap assignments rather than all just running at the ball carrier. As long as everyone plays their assignments any runs and reverses should be able to be contained.

The only other option would be a pitch to the real QB or someone else who can throw and as long as everyone is sticking to their assignments this shouldn't be a problem either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #12
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

I think it's funny that people think the wildcat formation is cheese. Anything that is successful in real life, like the spread offense, that becomes a deadly weapon in a video game is cheese? Most of the time, in my experience, the reason these offenses are so unstoppable is because someone loses discipline on a play/series and they let it get to them to the point that they stop executing their game plan. That isn't cheese! It's the goal of any sports coach! I shouldn't have to tone down my play to prevent someone from calling me a cheeser. Taking advantage of game exploits and glitches is a totally different issue that can also (in most cases) be countered. Rather than whine, adapt your game plan and get better. Step your game up! The only thing I'd say is that I wish EA gave us more diversity in the defensive gameplay, but I will never criticize a game for adding depth either way.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
I think it's funny that people think the wildcat formation is cheese. Anything that is successful in real life, like the spread offense, that becomes a deadly weapon in a video game is cheese? Most of the time, in my experience, the reason these offenses are so unstoppable is because someone loses discipline on a play/series and they let it get to them to the point that they stop executing their game plan. That isn't cheese! It's the goal of any sports coach! I shouldn't have to tone down my play to prevent someone from calling me a cheeser. Taking advantage of game exploits and glitches is a totally different issue that can also (in most cases) be countered. Rather than whine, adapt your game plan and get better. Step your game up! The only thing I'd say is that I wish EA gave us more diversity in the defensive gameplay, but I will never criticize a game for adding depth either way.
The Wildcat worked really well for 3/4 of the season everyone knows Ds figured it out towards the end of the season so it isn't going to be all that successful this coming season...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 22

If they make the defense more aware and make it so that you can only sub offensive players in the formation, then it will be realistic.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplosive1984
I know the mantra is "See it on Sundays, see it in Madden NFL", but I think that Wildcat formation should NOT be in the game. There is so much 'Cheese' potential with it. I could see people with Cromartie(DR-C or AC) in the backfield running wild the whole game.

What do you guys forsee if/when this is implemented (I'm pretty sure it will be in the game)??
I fundamentally disagree. It should be in the game. Keeping something out of the game solely to appease some online players is ridiculous. The defensive AI should be improved rather than removing things from the game. Why shouldn't I be able to run the wildcat with the Cromartie's? If I was an NFL offensive co-ordinator I'd certainly think about doing just that. Cheese should be stopped by improved AI and animations, not by restricting what players can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
The Wildcat worked really well for 3/4 of the season everyone knows Ds figured it out towards the end of the season so it isn't going to be all that successful this coming season...
Correction. The Ravens and Steelers figured it out. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplosive1984
I know the mantra is "See it on Sundays, see it in Madden NFL", but I think that Wildcat formation should NOT be in the game. There is so much 'Cheese' potential with it. I could see people with Cromartie(DR-C or AC) in the backfield running wild the whole game.

What do you guys forsee if/when this is implemented (I'm pretty sure it will be in the game)??
The so-called "wildcat" (I cringe just saying it and single-wing pioneers are rolling over in their graves) is an absolute joke in this day in age. The only reason it has been successful at all (not very successful when you actually look at avg. yards gained) is due to the fact that it is (was) unique and took advantage of defenders not maintaining their responsiblilty(ies). If defenders read their keys (they don't lie, especially in this offense) and the integrity of the defensive alignment is maintained while adjusting to the formation, then there should be NO problem in stopping the "offense" in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »