Home

Old 04-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Wildcat Formation in Madden 10....

It needs to be in, but the RISK should be EXPONENTIALLY greater than the reward.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 04-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

I think if someone wants to be a d-bag and put in the Cromarties, then they should have very low rushing stats. Besides speed, if they get hit sticked, they should fumble quite often.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Correction. The Ravens and Steelers figured it out. lol.
Exactly, two extremely athletic, fast and disciplined defenses (and the two best in the league). Like LBRulez said, if your players respect their gap responsibilities, the Wildcat can be stopped. This is where play recognition should have an impact. The Wildcat was still having some success against lesser defenses.

Troy Smith's throwing ratings shouldn't be nerfed when he plays Wildcat, because he's a QB and I'd say the same thing for Pat White. I don't really play online, so I would be in support of its inclusion in the game (because I don't have to deal with the cheesers). I hope Mark Clayton doesn't get a noodle arm in the game, while it's nowhere near a QB's arm, he can throw it pretty good for a WR.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

I think this is where run/pass commit should come into play if it's still in the game. When you see the Wildcat formation, you should instantly realize that there's a 90% chance of it being a run and that if they do pass, it will be inaccurate as hell or require getting the ball back to the QB split out wide in order to have any semblance of accuracy. Any NFL corner should be able to jam a QB at the line enough to prevent the QB from getting the ball.

Didn't Ian and Phil assure us that fast people won't dominate in 2010?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #21
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I think this is where run/pass commit should come into play if it's still in the game. When you see the Wildcat formation, you should instantly realize that there's a 90% chance of it being a run and that if they do pass, it will be inaccurate as hell or require getting the ball back to the QB split out wide in order to have any semblance of accuracy. Any NFL corner should be able to jam a QB at the line enough to prevent the QB from getting the ball.

Didn't Ian and Phil assure us that fast people won't dominate in 2010?
QFT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
Exactly, two extremely athletic, fast and disciplined defenses (and the two best in the league). Like LBRulez said, if your players respect their gap responsibilities, the Wildcat can be stopped. This is where play recognition should have an impact. The Wildcat was still having some success against lesser defenses.
Yeah, those two defences were always going to be able to stop it. The Pats would have done 3 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
Troy Smith's throwing ratings shouldn't be nerfed when he plays Wildcat, because he's a QB and I'd say the same thing for Pat White. I don't really play online, so I would be in support of its inclusion in the game (because I don't have to deal with the cheesers). I hope Mark Clayton doesn't get a noodle arm in the game, while it's nowhere near a QB's arm, he can throw it pretty good for a WR.
I like what the Ravens did with the Wildcat. As I've said I think the Redskins should run it with Randle El, and the Chargers with LT and Sproles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »