Home

Will we still need to press "X" first for Defensive Playmaker?

This is a discussion on Will we still need to press "X" first for Defensive Playmaker? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Will we still need to press "X" first for Defensive Playmaker?

I'm really hoping the necessity to push X first before being able to perform defensive playmaker will be removed.

The logic of forcing us to hit X escapes me. Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to why this was changed from the PS2 game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Will we still need to press "X" first for Defensive Playmaker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I'm really hoping the necessity to push X first before being able to perform defensive playmaker will be removed.

The logic of forcing us to hit X escapes me. Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to why this was changed from the PS2 game.
It allows the left thumb stick to be used in giving assignments. i question why the other buttons weren't assigned as some type of modifier to the assignment i.e. X + DOWN (LS) [BLITZ] + R1= DELAYED BLITZ. maybe that would've given individual stunts, hesitated zones, anything pretty much.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
It allows the left thumb stick to be used in giving assignments. i question why the other buttons weren't assigned as some type of modifier to the assignment i.e. X + DOWN (LS) [BLITZ] + R1= DELAYED BLITZ. maybe that would've given individual stunts, hesitated zones, anything pretty much.
But you don't need to use the Left Thumb Stick at all.. .the Ps2 game had it all worked out with the right thumb stick and it worked PERFECTLY!

Why the hell do they keep changing things that worked so well on the PS2, it just melts my brain thinking about it... who is the guy in the meeting room that said.. HEY! I know the PS2 system was AWESOME, but I have a way to take that and make it more complicated and cumbersome! WHO'S WITH ME?! YEAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!! WOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

oh yeaah, couldnt you just use the rstick down twice or w/e? yeah that was awesome.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 27

I honestly prefer the new system where you press "X" but that's just me...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

More bang for the buck, right? or was it, I know lets take out camera angles and add the ''X'' button.....
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 04-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
I honestly prefer the new system where you press "X" but that's just me...
Any particular reason? I'm trying to figure out why they did it, and if you prefer it, I'd like to hear why... unless you just do
Old 04-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:

Just a guess and speculation on my part, but:

They could've added the necessary "X" to help out the casual gamers. They may have had some complaints or requests that casual gamers were changing assignments without their knowing and they couldn't figure it out.

IMO, they added one extra step because they figured people who wouldn't use it or know how to would be susceptible to an accidental press of an adjustment button, while they assumed adding one step in between the adjustments wouldn't hurt the more hardcore gamers who knew how and when to use the playmaker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »