Home

Old 04-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
Wow..I didnt realize how many areas the head tracking helped..do the referees have head tracking too?(following the ball carrier)
The refs don't run a full IK solution (it was way too expensive on the CPU to add 7 more characters running IK) so that means they can't do procedural awareness. They do track their targets though (i.e. the line play for the head ref, the ballcarrier for the line judge, etc) with a simpler system and it looks pretty solid. IMO it's not as good as PA, but they definitely don't look like robots...they follow the ball and their correct assignments.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
It was actually a pretty big surprise to us too...not so much in gameplay, as we knew that would help immensely, but really in post play. When players head track each other it makes them look so much more alive - they look down at a player as they jump over him, or times where they look at each other as they walk side by side it even gives the illusion that they are talking smack to each other.
Maybe it could be more than an illusion
Old 04-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
The refs don't run a full IK solution (it was way too expensive on the CPU to add 7 more characters running IK) so that means they can't do procedural awareness. They do track their targets though (i.e. the line play for the head ref, the ballcarrier for the line judge, etc) with a simpler system and it looks pretty solid. IMO it's not as good as PA, but they definitely don't look like robots...they follow the ball and their correct assignments.
thats good enough..as long as we arent running through them like they arent even there..refs are fine..but thats another topic lol And good work with everything you've done so far by the way.(Just so you dont think nobody cares)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
thats good enough..as long as we arent running through them like they arent even there..refs are fine..but thats another topic lol And good work with everything you've done so far by the way.(Just so you dont think nobody cares)
If I remember correctly... Somewhere I read that there is actual collisions that may occur between players and refs.

That could make for some fun target practice.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 24

That football looks huge!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #14
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
If I remember correctly... Somewhere I read that there is actual collisions that may occur between players and refs.

That could make for some fun target practice.

Yea that would be sick if they would be in the line of the pass sometimes. I would beam the hell out of the refs on purpose sometimes if they get knocked the hell out in the game.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
That is the most important thing. I am very happy to read this. Few things would kill the presentation and instan replays than to have the refs staring off into space or looking away from the play. Things are sounding better everyday. I'm glad I have already pre-ordered my copy and am putting a little bit towrds it each week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #16
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Thanks for the reply Ian. Nice work man. Hopefully Madden is even better

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »