Home

NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

This is a discussion on NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
If I remember correctly... Somewhere I read that there is actual collisions that may occur between players and refs.

That could make for some fun target practice.
well that solves that problem..thanks.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #18
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
It was actually a pretty big surprise to us too...not so much in gameplay, as we knew that would help immensely, but really in post play. When players head track each other it makes them look so much more alive - they look down at a player as they jump over him, or times where they look at each other as they walk side by side it even gives the illusion that they are talking smack to each other.
Agree on all these points. It's already in APF2K8 if you want to see it 'in action'.

I'm not sure I like the response of 'not so much in gameplay'. For someone that knows nothing about your design/implementation, that resonates as though you are using contextual areas alone instead of actually incorporating the procedural awareness into the defensive AI.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:04 AM   #19
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Agree on all these points. It's already in APF2K8 if you want to see it 'in action'.

I'm not sure I like the response of 'not so much in gameplay'. For someone that knows nothing about your design/implementation, that resonates as though you are using contextual areas alone instead of actually incorporating the procedural awareness into the defensive AI.
maybe I am confused with your post, but it read to me like ian was saying he wasn't surprised with PA durring gameplay, but he was surprised to see the effects of PA in pre-play and post-play interactions. Especially post-play. Pre-play having recivers looking at the ball and I would hope defenders as well along with maybe linebackers hopefull staring down the QB like Mike Singletary and Greg Lloyd were know for. In Post-Play I love he idea hat players will look at who they are jumping over and what not. Like Ian wrote, it will feel more life like and less robotic.

My understanding is that P.A. is just here now and will always be "on." I also think that P.A. is something that will continue to be tuned and improved upon over the next few years. It would actually make me kind of sad if Ian thought some feature was "perfect" as most things in life rearely are.

Last edited by PGaither84; 04-04-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 35

Hmmmmm
Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
maybe I am confused with your post, but it read to me like ian was saying he wasn't surprised with PA durring gameplay, but he was surprised to see the effects of PA in pre-play and post-play interactions. Especially post-play. Pre-play having recivers looking at the ball and I would hope defenders as well along with maybe linebackers hopefull staring down the QB like Mike Singletary and Greg Lloyd were know for. In Post-Play I love he idea hat players will look at who they are jumping over and what not. Like Ian wrote, it will feel more life like and less robotic.

My understanding is that P.A. is just here now and will always be "on." I also think that P.A. is something that will continue to be tuned and improved upon over the next few years. It would actually make me kind of sad if Ian thought some feature was "perfect" as most things in life rearely are.
+1

Yes, I expected it to make great strides and be really cool during gameplay - it totally surprised me with how much it helped out during pre-play and post play.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

Ian, I have some questions. Are chain gangs animated? And is the player emotion shown by the reciever to the left of the screen? Lastly, please tell me that you fixed Kawika Mitchell for the bills.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:25 AM   #23
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Ian, I have some questions. Are chain gangs animated? And is the player emotion shown by the reciever to the left of the screen? Lastly, please tell me that you fixed Kawika Mitchell for the bills.
You have a better shot at getting those questions answered via a PM dude...Just helping out....
Old 04-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Wow, all I can say is great feature IAN. Im sure this looks sick during the replays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »