Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #41
MVP
 
PGaither84's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lima, Peru
Blog Entries: 15
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Great post Adam. +1
__________________
My Madden Blog
PGaither84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #42
All Star
 
Valdarez's Arena
 
OVR: 51
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,091
Blog Entries: 33
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
maybe I am confused with your post, but it read to me like ian was saying he wasn't surprised with PA durring gameplay, but he was surprised to see the effects of PA in pre-play and post-play interactions. Especially post-play. Pre-play having recivers looking at the ball and I would hope defenders as well along with maybe linebackers hopefull staring down the QB like Mike Singletary and Greg Lloyd were know for. In Post-Play I love he idea hat players will look at who they are jumping over and what not. Like Ian wrote, it will feel more life like and less robotic.

My understanding is that P.A. is just here now and will always be "on." I also think that P.A. is something that will continue to be tuned and improved upon over the next few years. It would actually make me kind of sad if Ian thought some feature was "perfect" as most things in life rearely are.
Gotcha, and I did take it that way, because we haven't seen it add anything to the gameplay yet. You have to realize that they can say it makes the game better (as in more realistic looking because the heads are moving during the game) but doesn't actually improve the game play itself in any meaningful way (better / worse coverage).

2K Sports titles have had this ability for years, but even in APF2K8 it's not utilized fully. There are plays where a player is running up field, never looks back, and yet when the ball is thrown, immediately turns around to make a play. How? They never saw the ball coming... This is what I was referring to with my original post. Madden has always had this problem and no PA, but now that they are adding PA, I hope they are actually using for more than eye candy.

You would think that PA could be used to tag a view on the football, or the receiver the defensive player is covering, so the defensive player can either A, make a play on the ball, or B, make a play to cover the receiver, or C, do nothing, because they never saw the ball coming in the first place. This would result in far more realistic, and better, gameplay.
__________________
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Valdarez
Read My Blog - Vision Is Everything
Valdarez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #43
Banned
 
shotgun styles's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
+1

Yes, I expected it to make great strides and be really cool during gameplay - it totally surprised me with how much it helped out during pre-play and post play.
So if you can do all that, why can't you have adaptive AI in your play-calling and CPU QB/HB reads? It would revolutionize the game and make the single player experience an endless joy.

MOREOVER THE CPU WOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO CHEAT TO WIN.

Franchise people have been waiting for this for 20 years. Head tracking is great, but where's the dynamic play-calling and actual QB reads and actual HB vision to see holes. Where are the actual blocking assignments for linemen/TEs/FBs?

This is great paint on the car, but THE MOTOR IS STILL BROKEN.
shotgun styles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #44
MVP
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: May 2008
Blog Entries: 7
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
So if you can do all that, why can't you have adaptive AI in your play-calling and CPU QB/HB reads? It would revolutionize the game and make the single player experience an endless joy.

MOREOVER THE CPU WOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO CHEAT TO WIN.

Franchise people have been waiting for this for 20 years. Head tracking is great, but where's the dynamic play-calling and actual QB reads and actual HB vision to see holes. Where are the actual blocking assignments for linemen/TEs/FBs?

This is great paint on the car, but THE MOTOR IS STILL BROKEN.
Dude, you have to be fair - it's April. We are only releasing SMALL nuggets of information now.

If you have been following us for the past year I think it's pretty obvious that we're not focused on fluff. PA is a key building block for the future. Even in what you requested above...what good is a dynamic QB read if he can't move his head? Or HB vision?

I'm just kinda confused with your apparent frustration when a) we haven't released much info at all and b) we all have a pretty good understanding that realism is the direction the game needs to be going.
__________________

Ian_Cummings is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #45
Pro
 
kwas676's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
So if you can do all that, why can't you have adaptive AI in your play-calling and CPU QB/HB reads? It would revolutionize the game and make the single player experience an endless joy.

MOREOVER THE CPU WOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO CHEAT TO WIN.

Franchise people have been waiting for this for 20 years. Head tracking is great, but where's the dynamic play-calling and actual QB reads and actual HB vision to see holes. Where are the actual blocking assignments for linemen/TEs/FBs?

This is great paint on the car, but THE MOTOR IS STILL BROKEN.
your hb vision statement makes no sense, when its the user in control of the rb, what you want them to cheat and show arrows of what hole to run in?
An people need to stop trying to be smartass over the internet its corny,
kwas676 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #46
Rookie
 
ryby6969's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orlando
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Dude, you have to be fair - it's April. We are only releasing SMALL nuggets of information now.

If you have been following us for the past year I think it's pretty obvious that we're not focused on fluff. PA is a key building block for the future. Even in what you requested above...what good is a dynamic QB read if he can't move his head? Or HB vision?

I'm just kinda confused with your apparent frustration when a) we haven't released much info at all and b) we all have a pretty good understanding that realism is the direction the game needs to be going.
As sad as it is to say, past editions have caused the frustration no matter how much info is released. You can be confident in how the game will play because, well you can play it now and know all the issues that have been addressed that the public doesn't realize yet.

Coming from someone who did not take madden out of his ps2 until about may every year,(because I would put Ncaa back in to get ready for the new release) it has been tough the last 3 years not having a football game to play after october at latest. Most are confident that this year will be different but the resentment from previous years still remains.
ryby6969 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #47
Banned
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Athens, OH
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryby6969
Coming from someone who did not take madden out of his ps2 until about may every year,(because I would put Ncaa back in to get ready for the new release) it has been tough the last 3 years not having a football game to play after october at latest. Most are confident that this year will be different but the resentment from previous years still remains.
I feel like the guy dressed in the American Flag (Abbey Hoffman?)in Forrest Gump at the National Mall -

"Right on man, you said it all."
marktg30 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #48
Banned
 
shotgun styles's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Dude, you have to be fair - it's April. We are only releasing SMALL nuggets of information now.

If you have been following us for the past year I think it's pretty obvious that we're not focused on fluff. PA is a key building block for the future. Even in what you requested above...what good is a dynamic QB read if he can't move his head? Or HB vision?

I'm just kinda confused with your apparent frustration when a) we haven't released much info at all and b) we all have a pretty good understanding that realism is the direction the game needs to be going.
No info is usually bad info. But if you're saying that Adaptive AI is a possibility in Madden '10, then I will take your word for it. I hope this is not a seed of false hope, but a genuine implication that you are at least working on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
your hb vision statement makes no sense, when its the user in control of the rb, what you want them to cheat and show arrows of what hole to run in?
An people need to stop trying to be smartass over the internet its corny,
No one is trying to be a "smart ***". Metaphorical references are used to illustrate a stark reality that may have been subverted by the minutia of topical discussion.

As for HB vision, I was talking about he CPU running backs who can't find the hole.
shotgun styles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Top -