Home

Old 04-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Notice how even the reciever who isnt supposed to catch the ball is looking at it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA pic shows the procedural awareness

Nice find.... That is good news for the NCAA fans. Maybe some of the best news for them as far as gameplay goes.

No offense to them, but I hope Madden can overtake NCAA in the Gameplay department this year. It is a sad day when you can say that NCAA is better than Madden (and it has been sad for a couple years now).
Old 04-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Nice find.... That is good news for the NCAA fans. Maybe some of the best news for them as far as gameplay goes.

No offense to them, but I hope Madden can overtake NCAA in the Gameplay department this year. It is a sad day when you can say that NCAA is better than Madden (and it has been sad for a couple years now).
I agree! NCAA has had the more fun gameplay over the past few years.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

6 other notices

1. Player emotion- The reciever looks kind of intense which was shown in the 1st news ever about madden.
2. The CB isnt jumping 10 feet like normally. The ball is comming and hes only about a foot off the ground
3. You can see the number and logo on the helment and jersey
4. If you are looking it while your making a reply, the pic is blown up realy big and you can see all the detail to the Miami jersey.
5. The reciever is in stride.
6. The ball is not comming from the sky like previously. It looks like a regular pass, not one launched 100 feet in the air.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

With all the players actually looking at the ball, it really stands out as something different.

Kind of amazing how such a seemingly small thing, makes such a nice difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
With all the players actually looking at the ball, it really stands out as something different.

Kind of amazing how such a seemingly small thing, makes such a nice difference.
It was actually a pretty big surprise to us too...not so much in gameplay, as we knew that would help immensely, but really in post play. When players head track each other it makes them look so much more alive - they look down at a player as they jump over him, or times where they look at each other as they walk side by side it even gives the illusion that they are talking smack to each other.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
It was actually a pretty big surprise to us too...not so much in gameplay, as we knew that would help immensely, but really in post play. When players head track each other it makes them look so much more alive - they look down at a player as they jump over him, or times where they look at each other as they walk side by side it even gives the illusion that they are talking smack to each other.
Wow..I didnt realize how many areas the head tracking helped..do the referees have head tracking too?(following the ball carrier)
Old 04-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I know there were canned animations of talking smack before but those got old. It is good to know that it wil "look" that way even without a canned animation.

I did think it was cool how in the canned animation the players looked like they hada heated exchange and one of them would do a hand motion to just wave the other off like "yeah, yeah, yeah."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »