Home
View Poll Results: Poll
Yes with speed bar shown 4 8.16%
No dont like the idea at all 22 44.90%
Yes but with bar shown 13 26.53%
Yes with option 6 12.24%
Yes but without the bar, something different to see like icons dissapearing. 5 stars, each second 1 dissapeers 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Speed bar

Well someone mentioned this on the player delay thread so im wondering. Would it be good to have a speed bar that lasts like 5 seconds. Basically it will alow you to be running at fast pace for the ammount of time givin in the sliders and ratings. So like a lineman will get tired in around 4 seconds while a CB will get tired in around 7-8 seconds running full speed (not real stats, just saying). Maybe have spin and juke take a second off just because they do make you slower.

NOTE- NUMBER 3 SHOULD SAY WITHOUT BAR SHOWN

Last edited by 83evans; 04-03-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Speed bar

I think that this is a very cool idea I hope Ian reads it and takes it into consideration.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Well someone mentioned this on the player delay thread so im wondering. Would it be good to have a speed bar that lasts like 5 seconds. Basically it will alow you to be running at fast pace for the ammount of time givin in the sliders and ratings. So like a lineman will get tired in around 4 seconds while a CB will get tired in around 7-8 seconds running full speed (not real stats, just saying). Maybe have spin and juke take a second off just because they do make you slower.
Sounds too gimmicky to me. Maybe it should be implemented but not shown? So that the effect takes place, but without a Blitz like 'turbo bar'. That's what it reminded me of initially.

EDIT: Didn't notice poll.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 04-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Sounds too gimmicky to me. Maybe it should be implemented but not shown? So that the effect takes place, but without a Blitz like 'turbo bar'. That's what it reminded me of initially.

Well the thing is in real life you almost have that turbo bar. You almost have a real life bar that expires after a while of no stop running as fast as you can. The only problem I see with this is I can run for 30 seconds as fast as I can so it would have to do with the time in the game.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

I think it is a great idea, especially with some sort of "drive" or desire type rating along with current fatigue, stamina and stamina rating determining the length of the bar. I don't think the bar should be shown though. Also the bar shouldn't be absolute, maybe for an average player one or two seconds at top speed and then slowing down gradually as the user continues to hold the button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

Most plays only last for like 4 -7 seconds anyway, i am pretty sure all NFL players can run at there top speed for that amount of time.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

options 1 and 3 on your poll are the same. I think one of them is supposed to be the one I want to vote but not sure which.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
options 1 and 3 on your poll are the same. I think one of them is supposed to be the one I want to vote but not sure which.

3 was supposed to be speed bar not shown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »