Home
View Poll Results: Poll
Yes with speed bar shown 4 8.16%
No dont like the idea at all 22 44.90%
Yes but with bar shown 13 26.53%
Yes with option 6 12.24%
Yes but without the bar, something different to see like icons dissapearing. 5 stars, each second 1 dissapeers 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Feb 2009
Speed bar

Well someone mentioned this on the player delay thread so im wondering. Would it be good to have a speed bar that lasts like 5 seconds. Basically it will alow you to be running at fast pace for the ammount of time givin in the sliders and ratings. So like a lineman will get tired in around 4 seconds while a CB will get tired in around 7-8 seconds running full speed (not real stats, just saying). Maybe have spin and juke take a second off just because they do make you slower.


NOTE- NUMBER 3 SHOULD SAY WITHOUT BAR SHOWN

Last edited by 83evans; 04-03-2009 at 11:34 PM.
83evans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Speed bar

I think that this is a very cool idea I hope Ian reads it and takes it into consideration.
kbigmike2121 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
In case you forgot...
 
mKoz26's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 4,706
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Speed bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Well someone mentioned this on the player delay thread so im wondering. Would it be good to have a speed bar that lasts like 5 seconds. Basically it will alow you to be running at fast pace for the ammount of time givin in the sliders and ratings. So like a lineman will get tired in around 4 seconds while a CB will get tired in around 7-8 seconds running full speed (not real stats, just saying). Maybe have spin and juke take a second off just because they do make you slower.
Sounds too gimmicky to me. Maybe it should be implemented but not shown? So that the effect takes place, but without a Blitz like 'turbo bar'. That's what it reminded me of initially.

EDIT: Didn't notice poll.
__________________
Bears | Bulls | Cubs | Illinois | #Team3Some

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
mKoz26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Speed bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Sounds too gimmicky to me. Maybe it should be implemented but not shown? So that the effect takes place, but without a Blitz like 'turbo bar'. That's what it reminded me of initially.

Well the thing is in real life you almost have that turbo bar. You almost have a real life bar that expires after a while of no stop running as fast as you can. The only problem I see with this is I can run for 30 seconds as fast as I can so it would have to do with the time in the game.
83evans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Speed bar

I think it is a great idea, especially with some sort of "drive" or desire type rating along with current fatigue, stamina and stamina rating determining the length of the bar. I don't think the bar should be shown though. Also the bar shouldn't be absolute, maybe for an average player one or two seconds at top speed and then slowing down gradually as the user continues to hold the button.
kcarr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
Banned
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal
Re: Speed bar

Most plays only last for like 4 -7 seconds anyway, i am pretty sure all NFL players can run at there top speed for that amount of time.
DeLuX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Speed bar

options 1 and 3 on your poll are the same. I think one of them is supposed to be the one I want to vote but not sure which.
kcarr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Speed bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
options 1 and 3 on your poll are the same. I think one of them is supposed to be the one I want to vote but not sure which.

3 was supposed to be speed bar not shown.
83evans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Top -