Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #17
Rookie
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

^lol.

Anyway, something definitely needs to be done about the defensive backs, but I don't think it has to do with the catch ability. Frankly, I think all of the stats are warped...

For instance, a guy with 86 THP has comparatively weak throwing power... even though the 86th percentile of such a stat as throwing power should give one quite a bit of ability. However, anything from 0-40 is completely useless. Maybe they should change the scale for attributes from 0-100 to 0-50 or 0-60.

Back to the matter at hand, I think they need to work on the thrown ball animations and the jumping ability of the defensive backs and linebackers.

From this picture I saw on a thread about NCAA's procedural awareness, if Madden has changed in any way that NCAA has, they may have already fixed the super-defender problem.
Fox1994 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #18
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
So you want to see ballhawk guys like Ed Reed at 65 CTH!? He is like a WR out there in deep zones!

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...R/ReedEd00.htm

Well if 60s is average for the position for which that is a primary skill then I would say reed wouldn't be much over a 65. He has great hands for a db but really only average for a WR. Maybe a little higher but not much.
kcarr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #19
Rookie
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

^Perhaps you are correct, sir.
Fox1994 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #20
Rookie
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ontario
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

In regards to this they also need to fix it so a defender going up for a deflection/interception doesn't branch into a tackling animation while still up in the air.

This might help more with user vs. user interceptions but not sure how much it would with user vs. cpu
Hotlanta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #21
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

There needs to be more risk vs. reward when going for the pick imo. When a db makes a grab its because he has made a great break on the ball or because of an errant throw. Players that go for the catch when they sohould go for the swat need to be penalized more often by compleatly missing the ball. Also alot of the times guys dont play wr because of thier inability to track a ball over thier shoulder effectively not that they cant catch.
kyle19 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #22
Rookie
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
In regards to this they also need to fix it so a defender going up for a deflection/interception doesn't branch into a tackling animation while still up in the air.

This might help more with user vs. user interceptions but not sure how much it would with user vs. cpu
I know this is unrelated, but how come your font is different than everyone elses? I know how to do that, but are you just being individual or you don't like the way ours looks or what? Just curious is all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19
There needs to be more risk vs. reward when going for the pick imo. When a db makes a grab its because he has made a great break on the ball or because of an errant throw. Players that go for the catch when they sohould go for the swat need to be penalized more often by compleatly missing the ball. Also alot of the times guys dont play wr because of thier inability to track a ball over thier shoulder effectively not that they cant catch.
That seems to be what happens to me when I go for picks that I shouldn't... maybe I'm just not as good as you guys. lol.. jk.
Fox1994 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #23
Pro
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2008
Blog Entries: 2
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
In regards to this they also need to fix it so a defender going up for a deflection/interception doesn't branch into a tackling animation while still up in the air.

This might help more with user vs. user interceptions but not sure how much it would with user vs. cpu
I believe Ian said that they were working on fixing that.
__________________
My Blog
TDogg09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #24
Banned
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I know they've already stated that ratings are being done a bit differently this year. I'm actually really excited for that. My main problem is that INT's are way too frequent in Madden now, even with them being tuned down.

I was thinking the catch rating for each player on defense needs to be dropped AT LEAST 10 points, if not more. There's a reason these guys don't play WR.

The highest catch for any defensive player (IMO), should be no higher than 65. And even that is a stretch.
I disagree .. I found INT's to be pretty realistic this year overall (of course I tuned int slider down). Could it be improved, absolutely, but I don't want to see easy picks being dropped just to make stats more correct. Give me realistic play on the field and I can get past slightly off stats.
Steeler99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Top -