Home

A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

This is a discussion on A thought on Madden 10's interceptions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #25
Rookie

ryby6969's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

I think if I make a poor read or have a below average QB and make a poor throw, it should be picked off. My problem is that there are WAY to many pick 6's in the game. If this is fixed, I can deal with the amount of int's by just making better reads and throws.(hopefully )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 19

I know E-Reed is a ball hawk, and a great one at that. I just think there needs to be a solution to all the INT's that are thrown, as well as drop animations to make the game feel more real.

Here are two examples of what I'd like to see in Madden, as far as INT's go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36wg...eature=related [notice the reaction]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoQ0LxuIyCM [of course this would look much nicer with procedural awareness]

Last edited by MRxAmazing; 04-04-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I know E-Reed is a ball hawk, and a great one at that. I just think there needs to be a solution to all the INT's that are thrown, as well as drop animations to make the game feel more real.
If a solution involves sandbagging actual good players then its probably not the right one.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

as long as the defender no longer jumps 100 ft in the air to pick the ball off, or when the defender is running with the receiver he does not have eyes in the back of his hea when his back turned he should not be able to pick the ball off

just make INT's more realistic defenders knock the ball away a lot more then they catch it and that is how it should be Champ Bailey should not INT the ball every time you throw his direction because that is NOT realistic

and when I am throwing DEEP over the middle of the field, a damn LB should NOT be able to jump up and INT the ball before it get 5-10 yards down the field
Old 04-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 10

The biggest problem with the high amount of into's is that there are too many plays on the ball period. In real life there's balls that are thrown too long/short or even out of bounds. Also defenders should be knocking more balls down then getting into's (IMO) I think there has to be an awareness that makes them 75% of the time go for the swat and 25 % to the into attempt.

The problem I see with madden is there's way to many pick attempts on the ball and not enough swat attempts.

I would love it if getting 7-9 into's in a season of madden meant something like you had a great season with that player. Im not trying to brag but its not much fun going into a season already knowing that a 12-15 into season is gonna happen. I would just love to have a year where I cant pick nothing and end up with like 2-4 or something.

I play SS and I know 1 way to slightly correct this is if the cpu see's me coming up then throw deep on my butt. This alone will keep me deep and not allow top jump as many routes as before.

Can we get a word on if that has been fixed? Does the cpu throw deep yet? If im a SS and I come down alot they should go deep on the 1 on 1 a few times atleast.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

great players who take risk and watch the qb's eyes for the int(reed,asomugha) should have play recognition,awareness,and coverage ratings decide if they go for the ball or not.the superhuman defense is rediculous.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:35 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Well if 60s is average for the position for which that is a primary skill then I would say reed wouldn't be much over a 65. He has great hands for a db but really only average for a WR. Maybe a little higher but not much.
I'm not saying his hands are better than all WRs, but I don't know what evidence you could use to support this claim. How often do you see Reed drop balls? Less often than your average WR. He has great hands period. He makes leaping grabs, over the shoulder catches, doesn't muff punts when he's back there, etc.

I'm not trying to make it sound like he has Fitzgerald type hands, but quite frankly we can't say, oh his hands are about 65 just because of the position he plays. That's just generalizing. I understand his high INT totals aren't all due to hands, but mainly due to incredible instincts. That being said, when there's a play to be made, he makes it. That's why he gets INTs when he arrives and not PDEFs. That's my 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #32
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I'm not saying his hands are better than all WRs, but I don't know what evidence you could use to support this claim. How often do you see Reed drop balls? Less often than your average WR. He has great hands period. He makes leaping grabs, over the shoulder catches, doesn't muff punts when he's back there, etc.

I'm not trying to make it sound like he has Fitzgerald type hands, but quite frankly we can't say, oh his hands are about 65 just because of the position he plays. That's just generalizing. I understand his high INT totals aren't all due to hands, but mainly due to incredible instincts. That being said, when there's a play to be made, he makes it. That's why he gets INTs when he arrives and not PDEFs. That's my 2 cents.

Exactly I think there are way too many dropped balls in the game already. The problem is much more than that. Super Accurate Robo QBs, how easy it is to find and get to the spot, lack of momentum, etc.

Play a game with the Raiders, you will routinely have games where your WRs have more Drops than catches. I remember when the new Ratings article came out I got worried because I heard that WRs will drop 1/3 passes that got me worried. As bad as the Raiders WRs were last year no player in the NFL drops one out of 3, and if they do they wont be playing long.

Last edited by c dizzy m baby; 04-05-2009 at 02:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »