Home

Please Ian reconsider the Cone

This is a discussion on Please Ian reconsider the Cone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Please Ian reconsider the Cone

If the new ratings work like they should will you guys be satisfied? I really don't think you need the cone to have great "sim" QB play. Let's wait to see what having a pocket and hopefully better DE play, will do before asking can we have the cone back. The cone IMO while it did things to keep the QB still if you wanted to complete a pass, there is a hidden side of it that is not sim at all. You know what that is? Anytime you talk about the cone, you gotta talk about everything else that was in the game that was tied to it. And one of the things that was tied to it was random gap blitzing on defense. They had to have defenders act STUPID so people on offense could use the cone. To that, I say no F'ing thanks.

Also as mentioned before, the cone was in, but a pocket was not considered. If we look at what the problems were:

Guys sprinting backwards but still accurate on their passes
Guys sprinting sideways but still accurate on their passes

If done right a real pocket takes care of two things here - the sprinting backwards and the sprinting sideways. If they are effective the new ratings take care of the rest. What need will there be for the cone if a pocket and new ratings take care of these things?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Can you elaborate why its not sim? You only asserted thats its NOT sim, yet did not care to explain why you thought of this. Realistic QB is core to gameplay. It is not fluff.
Because it is yet again another gimmick from the old Madden games. QB vision has gone the way of lead blocking my friend. (While lead blocking hasn't been confirmed to be gone, it was definitely voted as such.)
Old 04-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
If the new ratings work like they should will you guys be satisfied? I really don't think you need the cone to have great "sim" QB play. Let's wait to see what having a pocket and hopefully better DE play, will do before asking can we have the cone back. The cone IMO while it did things to keep the QB still if you wanted to complete a pass, there is a hidden side of it that is not sim at all. You know what that is? Anytime you talk about the cone, you gotta talk about everything else that was in the game that was tied to it. And one of the things that was tied to it was random gap blitzing on defense. They had to have defenders act STUPID so people on offense could use the cone. To that, I say no F'ing thanks.

Also as mentioned before, the cone was in, but a pocket was not considered. If we look at what the problems were:

Guys sprinting backwards but still accurate on their passes
Guys sprinting sideways but still accurate on their passes

If done right a real pocket takes care of two things here - the sprinting backwards and the sprinting sideways. If they are effective the new ratings take care of the rest. What need will there be for the cone if a pocket and new ratings take care of these things?
I agree with LBz, plus there has been way too many cone threads over the few days. I think this is the 3rd or 4th one.

We get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »